cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F-Secure and Internet Explorer 11 incompatibility

Senior Advisor

Re: F-Secure and Internet Explorer 11 incompatibility

Results are a bit strange.

I am using WIN 7 and IE11 and the checks above suggested that the online safety plugin was working correctly (enhanced protection mode was enabled and there was no window stating that the F-Secure add-on was incomptatible with IE11).

However, when looking at the Manage add-ons window it states that the F-Secure was incompatible!

Capture.GIF

Can anyone running the official version of F-Secure AV or IS 2014 full version check the above?

Aspirant

Hi,

I am running F-Secure IS 2014 on Windows 8.1

I can confirm what you are saying. There is functionality, but the add-on is still registered as incompatible.

I reinstalled the addons via the F-Secure interface to make sure about the status (I think any update will require a system boot to reset the IE addons).  

Getting there but not quite!

Senior Advisor

Thanks, descot for posting, I thought I was going mad (again)!

Senior Advisor

descot,

Check out this link.

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security-for-PC/Internet-Explorer-11-Tips/m-p/35293#M6411

The reason is because many sites are not Internet Explorer 11 ready.

So the only work around to go about it is to click on Compatibility View Settings and Add on the link which you wanted to go or view.

Internet Explorer 11 will reload the page and you will not having any problems.

Aspirant

Hi Rusli,

I see  two separate issues here.

1. The point you make:  the inability of websites to run natively in Internet Explorer is an old issue affecting previous versions of IE as well, and so Microsoft offered the workaround of viewing them in compatibility mode. These were old websites coded for earlier versions of IE and not updated

2. IE is flagging that the F-Secure  (and others) add-on is incompatible with the browser, despite some functionality (click on 'tools' and 'manage add-ons' in IE to see this or view the image in the post above yours). This is an addon issue not a website one.

Thanks for your concern. All shall be well (I hope)

Aspirant

F-Secure Online Safety in Internet Explorer 11 is now showing up as compatible. Well done to the the fixers.

Superuser

Good news!  thumb.gif

Senior Advisor

So maybe a F-Secure expert can confirm the fix in a thread starter and alert the webmaster to update the corresponding pages on the site. 

Aspirant

I may have spoken too soon. My desktop is showing that the add-on is enabled, but my laptop is still showing it as incompatible. This is strange. Both are running windows 8.1 with IE 11.

Superuser

Any different add-ons with the non-fixed machine? F-Secure haven't officially confirmed that the fix is present now. SP1 (or Release 2, whatever they decide to call it) is still due December as far as I've heard.