F-Secure Version ?

Senior Advisor

Re: F-Secure Version ?

No the official version.

Capture 2 .GIF

F-Secure

1.94 is a beta version and not official release. You should only have it by participating in beta.

Senior Advisor

Interesting.

I uninstalled the beta for the full version about a week ago but had to revert back to an image backup at the weekend.

So I must have reverted back to an Image which had the Beta installed!

Yet another example where the lack of tagging/labelling lets down the product (no context menu logo/no branding in the Action Centre).

I had assumed it was the full version by the lack of labelling of a Beta and my license expiry date was the same as my full, official license (I will double-check the last point tonight as I am at work now).

Can we not have Beta/Technical Release branded on the program all the time?

Senior Advisor

Apparently, according to Ville, I somehow have the beta version is in use but with retail license, which should not be possible.

It is probably due to using an Imaging program and reverting back to the old beta in one of my old backups.

Overall, care is needed in using Imaging programs and using System restore; http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security-for-PC/Reinstallation-failing-after/ta-p/19222

F-Secure does not like these two!

F-Secure

I have investigated the problem. Beta program had an experimental feature enabled where launch pad version is preserved when migrating to an older version (prevent downgrade). This unintentionally also took effect when migrating from beta to retail. The feature will be disabled in next beta release.

Only users who migrated from beta to retail might be affected, depending on how they performend the migration.

So in this case the imaging program did not cause any problems. Thanks to Blackcat for helping with the investigation.

View solution in original post

Senior Advisor

Thanks, Ville.