F-Secure Total limited to 12 months 90€

JH10
JH10 Posts: 2 New Member

Hey!

My F-Secure Safe 12 months subscription for three devices expired a week ago. I am planning to upgrade it to F-Secure Total 24 months subscription for five devices.

Anyhow when I try to buy F-Secure Total 24 month five device subscription, it tells me that the email address is already in use (I haven't logged in yet). When I log in it first tells me that my licenses have expired and when I proceed to renew and upgrade to F-Secure Total package, it forces me to buy only 12 months subscription, which relatively costs me 20€ extra + gives me the hassle of renewing the subscription again every year.

What's wrong? I know I could easily just create another email for new F-Secure account, but I am hoping I could use this current account since its already in use to protect my family members devices (which are vulnerable atm).

Loyal F-Secure customer speaking here :)

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user.

It sounds like this may be a limitation for the wording "renewal". For example, if your "previous" (expired / existing) subscription was about one year -> then renewing it means "one year" (even if an upgrade was chosen).

When I log in it first tells me that my licenses have expired and when I proceed to renew and upgrade to F-Secure Total package

By the way, is it possible to start "SAFE" renewing process for two years? And if you choose this - then such count is reset after "upgrade to TOTAL" option?

Knowledgebase article has nothing about "one year / two years" ability during upgrade:

Thus, maybe good to contact their official Support Channels (for example, chat):

and ask about such ability; or even to request assistance.

Thanks!

• JH10
    JH10 Posts: 2 New Member
    I just decided to create new account. Less hassle.
This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info