F Secure Setup fails at License Terms screen with "Download Failed"

SC
Scholar

Re: F Secure Setup fails at License Terms screen with "Download Failed"

Hello All,

Here's an update on a very frustating year of trying to install F-Secure on my XP machine.  Finally after about 8 months in September I got referred by FSecure to do an update from Microsoft by which time XP support had finished.  If I they had told me that at the beginning in January this year all would have been OK. So whart do I do ?  Well after months of no replies I have upgraded to Win 7 and requested if my 12 month trial be reset so I may at last  try out their s/w.    I got no reply.  A few weeks later I asked again, no reply.  One last time I asked again, yet no reply.

So they don't care about me any more....

What more can I say....

Disappointing !

Think I am going to use Microsoft Security Essentials or Norton Anti virus.

:-(

Supporter

Hi, SC!

Im sorry to hear that you dont have been given answer on your questions.

Even though the Microsoft Xp support have finished, you're still able to download updates that have already been released before the ending of the support.

A reset on your 12 month trial key are only possible through the support so please try to fil out the following support request form yet again and see if it helps.

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/support-request

-Best Regards
Johannes

View solution in original post

SC
Scholar

Hi,

F-Secure refused to reset my 12 month trial.  This is because when I tried to download their software and it wouldn't work, I tried to download it on my daughters laptops to test if it would download, one was Vista one was Win7.  It did download on those OSs but not on XP.   After 10+ months they decided  that I was taking the micky, as I can been using it, but I hadn't.  My daughters laptops were covered by Norton anyway !

It is just not fair....I have genuinely been a victcim of circumstance.

It has been a very stressfull and regretable year.