F Secure Setup fails at License Terms screen with "Download Failed"

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Re: F Secure Setup fails at License Terms screen with "Download Failed"

Hello NikK,

Thank you for the follow up.

Our teams are still working on the problem on the support ticket mentioned.

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
SC
Scholar

Hi,

Thanks for the interest.  I have still no solution.  The helpdesk team will ring me on Friday (28/2) and do a remote diagnosis.  In the mean time I have downloaded Microsofts Security Essentials to protect my PC. I'll let you know if I get it fixed.

Again can I thank you  all for your hekp and support on this; if we were face to face as people, I would shake your hands,

Thanks

SC
Scholar

Just to let everyone know that I still have no solution to this problem.

I have dealt with two very nice people from the call centre, in Mayalasia I think, and it is quite a slow process.

It is all very frustrating.

I am now very tempted to use another anti virus program.

Advocate

I can totally understand that!

But I have to point out once again that even with a different anti-virus product you are taking a risk considering that Microsoft is ending the support for Windows XP which means no more Windows Updates!!

Microsoft doesn't recommend using XP after April 8, 2014: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/end-support-help

F-Secure recommends the same:

F-Secure highly recommend customers to update their operating systems and use only Windows versions that receive security updates from Microsoft. The latest operating system version always provides the best protection technologies, are fully maintained by the vendor and receive timely security updates and improvements. F-Secure cannot guarantee the best protection and performance for customers running Windows XP after April 8th, 2014. This is because malware can use vulnerabilities in the operating system that are no longer fixed by Microsoft

From: http://community.f-secure.com/t5/End-point/Support-for-Microsoft-Windows-XP/td-p/42073  

"As for the security mitigations that Windows XP Service Pack 3 has, they were state of the art when they were developed many years ago.  But we can see from data published in the Microsoft Security Intelligence Report that the security mitigations built into Windows XP are no longer sufficient to blunt many of the modern day attacks we currently see.  The data we have on malware infection rates for Windows operating systems indicates that the infection rate for Windows XP is significantly higher than those for modern day operating systems like Windows 7 and Windows 8"

From: http://blogs.technet.com/b/security/archive/2013/08/15/the-risk-of-running-windows-xp-after-support-...

So you could say that XP is already a bad OS from a security perspective because it's old. And now with the support ending, it will be much worse!

So take my advice and switch to Windows 7 or 8 instead. And hopefully you won't run into any more weird installation problems like this one.

Best of luck to you!

SC
Scholar

Thanks for the reply, glad someone out their is listening.

My old windows 2000 laptop is running fine, no issues at all.  When you buy something, you don't expect it to run out of date.  When Joseph Bazalgette invented the sewere system for London he built it to last an it is still in operation today.  My oven cooker made by Parkingson is still ruuning fine.  My old Ford Cortina built in 1975 still starts first time.  Why should I sucome to the modern software companies that deberately put these money making time bombs in place.  I am sick of having to buy software to make someone very rich.

To make matter worse, I am now down to 10 months of my 12 month contract with  Fsecure and have no cover.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just in a bad mood.

I'll cool down in the morning.

Supporter

Hello SC,

Just wanted to follow up this case to check if the issue is solved. Did you get a solution to it and is it working now? If not, could you please provide a case number or email address so we can investigate further?

Advocate

@Bayani 

You can find the support ID as well as a thread summary here:

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security/F-Secure-Setup-fails-at-License/m-p/46059/highlight/true#M...

But I suspect SC went on and got a different AV when all the remote assistance attempts by Support failed.

SC
Scholar

Hi,

The issue isn't solved unfortunately.  The latest update from the support guys is that they found a certificate which was dated 2016, dispite my control panel settings showing the correct time.

I went on holiday and couldn't reply within the alotted time, so I think they may have cancelled this query.

Regards

Advocate

Hi there,

Sounds like progress, so very unfortunate that the case has auto-closed just because you were on holiday and couldn't reply in time.

@Ben  @Bayani  Can you re-open the support issue? The ID is XXXXXXX

Supporter

Hello NikK. 

Sorry for a late reply. 

Your support case is open and under investigation, We ask kindly for your patience and you will be contacted via the case. 

Br 

Johan