F-Secure Security suite listed twice in Windows settings page 'Security providers'

Dear community,

on the Windows settings page "Security providers"  which has been added in Win10 Ver. 1809, my Vodafone branded F-Secure product ("Vodafone security package by F-Secure") is listed twice:

The first entry lists it correct as activated, but a second entry right below lists it as "disabled" (in the German screenshot: "deaktiviert"):

Sicherheitsanbieter.jpg

Where does the listing of installed products get its information from?

Is there a registry key or a database-/ index-/ store-file that lists the installed programs?

The program has been installed on the computer for years. Accordingly, it has already undergone several major major version updates.

Is it possible that, in the course of such major version update, entries of a previous installation have been left, and that these are identified by Windows as a separate istallation?

If this could be the reason for the duplicate entries: Is there a possibility to remove the entries (registry or file) manually, without having to reinstall the whole security suite?

Many thanks in advance!

Dominik

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

There was another topic with related(?) concern:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/F-Secure-listed-twice-in-Windows/m-p/114313

Where "reinstallation" is suggested as simplest fix.

If this could be the reason for the duplicate entries: Is there a possibility to remove the entries (registry or file) manually, without having to reinstall the whole security suite?

So, does "reinstall" is not suitable with your experience? If so, maybe there is something to do (but unlikely that it is more safe); maybe with workhours there will be attention from F-Secure Team and some clarifications.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info