F Secure Safe No internet connection

Bob56
Bob56 Posts: 1 New Member

By mistake I released the licence on on my PC. I have tried to re install it but just get the message, 

No Internet connection . Could not connect to the server. Check that your internet connection is working and try again.

Connection to the internet is working fine. Any idea's anyone. 

Thanks

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply.

What state of F-Secure SAFE (Windows?) installation on current time? Does it listed under "Installed software"?

If yes -> good to remove/uninstall it by common system steps;

And then you able to try next things:

--> Restart system;

--> https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/F-Secure-Uninstallation-Tool/td-p/31265

Launch F-Secure Uninstallation Tool;

--> Re-try fresh installation for F-Secure SAFE;

Most likely - it should not be useful there -- but good to start from this;

But some general suggestions:

--> Basically when you released the license (under F-Secure SAFE Portal?!) and installation triggered that there is "expired license" -> there should be enough re-launch installer (downloaded from F-Secure SAFE Portal) as refreshing license/subscription information;

--> If you uninstalled F-Secure SAFE; and then launch installer as fresh try; Just to clarify: which step trigger notification about "network connection trouble" (during first steps as prepare to installation?! during validation subscription? during downloading/installing modules) - if it visible?

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info