F-Secure Safe Android / Guardian for kids / Major Bug

Superuser

Re: F-Secure Safe Android / Guardian for kids / Major Bug

@etag99 wrote:

Safe is just not on after a while of use. Also there is no "battery manager > protected apps" in Honor 8 Lite menus

Hello,

Maybe good to contact their (F-Secure) official Support Channels:

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

chat as example (when chat is available).

With two concerns:

-- Knowledgebase article is not applied to all devices / situations;

-- To receive valid workaround or confirmation about likely fixes;

Just as own steps: maybe possible to doublecheck if your device with equivalent of noted options (or ability to choose F-Secure SAFE as 'privileged' application against its termination).

Otherwise - good if F-Secure Team with abilities to add something (or it is provided by Android platform) against this kind of situations.

Thanks!

Novice

I'm really shocked to discover that this bug is still not fixed. This thread started in May 2018 and now it's March 2019.

Don't developers understand that this BUG makes the app ABSOLUTELY USELESS???!!!

Highlighted
Aspirant

I have switched to IOS for my kid. Turns out that Safe for IOS is even less useful than on Android

Kvu
Scholar

Now it's August 2019 and this bug can still be replicated easily...
Kid puts manually on and off the ultra power to get rid of the parental restrictions.

This really makes the software totally useless. Is f-secure actually going to do something about this?
Scholar

Hi, 

Nothing was done. The whole Safe is absolutely useless. I am cancelling my subscription after this year, as basically I am being charged for non-existing service. The most frustrating is to see how reluctant, unprofessional and useless F-Secure's support team is. This is just amazing!  And they do keep advertising and selling the "product" which can be deactivated by 6 y.old child. Brilliant! My respect, guys!