F-Secure Mobile Security antivirus feature automatically disables

Hi,

I am testing F-Secure mobile security for my phone and if I like it I'll buy license. Everytime I shut down my phone and start again, it starts automatically to scan my phone as expected. But after the scan when I click the app to see features I realized that antivirus is disabled. I activate it manually everyday.

I don't know why antivirus stops but I can see the f-secure app is running from the list of apps currently running. I am using android 4.3. I also use a mode called stamina mode. It helps to save battery and it limits the cpu and also I think killing the running apps when screen is not on. That might be the reason but I don't know.

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    Hi,

I guess there's one way to find out, and that's to test it with stamina mode off. :)
  • Berk
    Berk Posts: 12

I disabled the stamina mode to see if it is causing the problem. After booting my phone F-secure started the scan and antivirus didn't disabled automatically. However when f-secure is scanning if I click Clear button(see the image: http://img.acianetmedia.com/i/NY1kg.png ), scan will be aborted and antivirus will be disabled even though stamina mode isn't on.

After that I enabled stamina mode again and the scan didn't even started.

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    I have a feeling the issue is something to do with stamina mode, but I don't use the product myself so can't really advise further.

If no one else can offer any ideas here, I'd suggest a support ticket to F-Secure.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Berk, Is this occurring on a Sony device? If so, which model?

• Berk

Yes, I have Sony Xperia ZR.

• [Deleted User]

Hi Berk, have you tried whitelisting the Mobile Security from the Stamina settings?

• Berk

I added F-secure to the whitelist but it didn't help. Automatic scan starts and immediately says it is aborted.

• [Deleted User]

Ok, we need to investigate this issue more throughly.

Please submit a ticket through http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact/request

Fill the info as accurately as possible and attach any log files from your device that start with MobileSecurity- or F-Secure- to the appropriate field.

Then send me the ticket id as private message.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info