F Secure Mobile Security + Freedome

PGS
PGS Posts: 3 New Member
Hi all, I have both the above on my 2 phones so I am paying 2 subscriptions. Do I need both? I also have Safe on my laptop bought through my internet provider. Do I need all them all? Many thanks. Gordon

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    I'll have to leave the technicalities to somebody else, but I think both of those products do different things, so I guess it depends on what you actually want for your phone. I do know that Freedom is a VPN application, whereas SAFE provides protection against malware and such.
  • PGS
    OK thanks for the explanation. I did not realise that F S mobile security was F Safe for Android. If you combine Freedome and FSMS then effectively I've got the Total package. Is that correct? So I am paying for two different products when combined offering a higher level of security??
  • PGS
    Thanks for your help.
  • Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

@PGSwrote:
    OK thanks for the explanation. I did not realise that F S mobile security was F Safe for Android. If you combine Freedome and FSMS then effectively I've got the Total package. Is that correct? So I am paying for two different products when combined offering a higher level of security??

Hello,

Just like sidenote - I'm also only F-Secure user - and it is only my own unofficial feelings.

In general, "F-Secure Mobile Security" is else one solution (F-Secure MS || F-Secure SAFE || F-Secure FREEDOME || F-SECURE TOTAL). Just like with Windows platform - available F-Secure AV || F-Secure Internet Security || F-Secure SAFE || F-Secure FREEDOME || F-Secure TOTAL. But FSMS is 'smoothly' replaced by F-Secure SAFE for Android.

And it should be with view like "F-Secure SAFE for Android".  But maybe some differences are there (but I'm not sure...).

Topic about:

If you combine Freedome and FSMS then effectively I've got the Total package. Is that correct? So I am paying for two different products when combined offering a higher level of security?? 

So, not sure about "a higher level of security". Level of security is one (should be). Because "F-Secure TOTAL" is also two solutions (F-Secure SAFE) and (F-Secure FREEDOME). But only with 'one'-subscription.

And it may be with less price for subscription.

Just like clarification:

-- With "FSMS and Freedome" - you have to install both applications. Also, you have to 'renew' both subscriptions. With its own prices. There are some limitations of manage licences and so on.

And.. yes.. sorry - with Freedome can be important limitation. F-Secure FREEDOME with two types of subscription. Multi-platform and "Mobile"-based (https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure/Freedome-VPN-subscription/ta-p/91879).

With "mobile"-based subscription - Freedome is available for ALL of your 'one-platform' mobile devices (?!).

While with "multi-platform" - Freedome is available for supported platforms with 'purchased' count of devices.

-- With only "F-Secure Total" - you have to install F-Secure SAFE and F-Secure Freedome (as multi-platform type) to your devices too. Also need to install two (both) solutions). It is not a combined 'software' - but combined subscription. So, you have to renew only one "Total"-subscription. MAYBE it will be with less price than with "fsms/safe + freedome". Since it is "TOTAL:safe+freedome" package price.

Also, F-Secure SAFE (as part of F-Secure TOTAL) with own My F-Secure Account portal. Where you are able to manage some thing and some advanced features for parental control.

// F-Secure TOTAL is partly fresh 'package'. So, main difference (with my own feelings) is price and less steps to renew (one subscription rather than two different subscriptions). And it was "added" for situation when user want to use F-Secure SAFE/IS/MS and F-Secure Freedome. And for multi-platform support. But purchase both solutions (as different subscription) is not always sensible.

Sorry for my worst English, not nice explanation and large reply.

If some things are not clear - it is good to re-ask them and maybe someone else will explain more good (or I will try to create more clear words).

Thanks!

• marjor
    marjor Posts: 3 New Member

Both things have different quality so it depends on you what you need. both are for security reason so you can use only one if you want to. 

visit  <a href="https://babasupport.org/antivirus/bitdefender-customer-service/199/"> Bitdefender customer service</a> for antivirus issues. 

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info