F Secure Internet Security 2014

bravo
bravo Posts: 4 New Member

Slow startup. After login in Windows 7 black screen and no icons on desktop about 20-25sec. I need a help with this issue!

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

Hello,

Firstly, are you sure that it's F-Secure causing the slow start up?  Can you remember when it started happening, and if you installed or updated any other software immediately prior to the issue arising?

Secondly, do you have any other security software on the machine?  If so, that may be causing a conflict with F-Secure.

If neither of the above apply, the first thing I would suggest is to remove F-Secure using the F-Secure Uninstallation Tool, reboot, and reinstall.  If you're not using SAFE, you'll need to have your subscription key handy for the reinstall.  If you are using SAFE, you can reinstall via the SAFE portal.

SAFE Portal

Regular (non-SAFE) installer

If none of the above suggestions work, then I would recommend you submit a Support Ticket, attaching an FSDIAG, and let the guys have a deeper look into the problem.

• bravo

Hello

I had this issue couple weeks ago. I removed F-secure from my PC and installed Nod32  everything worked fine without problem. Yestarday I removed nod32 from pc using ESET uninstaller and installed  F-secure, but problem wasn't solved?

• Blackcat
    Blackcat Posts: 503 Influencer

Just to add to what Simon said;

after removing F-Secure I would use your previous AV's specific uninstaller if you have not already done so. 

List here; http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security/Removing-other-Antivirus/td-p/33593

EDIT; I see that you have used the specific Eset uninstaller. Your post just beat mine! 

So initially I would try the F-Secure's specific uninstaller as Simon recommends.

• bravo

Thank you, I will try to use F-secure uninstaller

• EmilL
    EmilL Posts: 16 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello!

Please let us know if it solved the issue to run the uninstallation tool

• bravo

No problems, everything works fine. . Thank you very much for help.

• renniemac
    renniemac Posts: 5

Dont know if doing this right, Newby! but i have done full scan 2 days ago. found Trojan from Amazone asked for disinfetion. have done a full scan today and it says trojan still there. not disinfecting. i am very security concious and have never had threat before. how can i get rid of this. it says it's a Trojan, Generic. whatever that means. any one help please.

• renniemac

How do you clean threats from comp, never had one before, but full scan twice said Trojan. how do i clean! please help

• renniemac

Sorry about double request but i think F-Secure froze.

• NikK
    NikK Posts: 903 Forum Champion

Some files can't be disinfected so you may have to choose another action or manually delete it. Usually this is the case for system files, archives(zip etc) and temporary/locked files. In the report window after the scan you can click on the infection name to get more information, and you can also right-click on the file name and select Properties to find out the path to the file. If you provide more information maybe we can help you better.

More info: http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security-for-PC/Viruses-were-found-but-were-not/ta-p/31309

If you know where the trojan is, you can right-click that file or folder in a windows explorer window and start a manual scan (instead of re-doing a full scan).

And you shouldn't worry, if the infected file should be executed then the real-time scanner will detect it and block it.

• Simon

If you're worried about manually deleting files, you may wish to try scanning with Malwarebytes, and see if that will remove the offending item for you. 

• renniemac

Thank you so much Nikk & Simon i downloaded the malware, it didn't detect any threats. but it will give me a wee bit more peace of mind knowing that is now there. the Trojan was in a deleted file from Amazone. i knew there were amazone threats out there, therefore i thought i was safe just deleting and not opening. but it seemed to have left a threat, but having used the malware scan no threat was found.

Once again thank you for your assistance with this, much appreciated.

Thanks

• Simon
    Have you emptied your Recycle Bin? I'm not sure if Malwarebytes scans inside it, but it's possible that's where F-Secure picked it up from.
  • Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Basically - enough to delete file andnot opening it.

Your situation with double-detection can be about:

-> During first meet that malicious-file.... it was removed to System Volume Information folder (some kind of same for system - not able to launch);

-> Next detection was about current file on System Volume Information.

If you able - probably you can to check that....  Quarantine or Computer Security Settings -> History of viruses and spyware (Removal history). Here will be able to check... any things (or close to any), which was detected and where it was.

Of course, if it can be interesting for you... and for much better good thinking around... that all was good :)

Or other variants. Also like addition - if here was trouble with system - usually can be recommendation to change your passwords. But maybe here was not active malicious file.

-------------------------

Later added -> like it was with previous reply.

By default -> some restore-folders (include - system volume information) ignored during scanning.

Here not just about MBAM. Probably F-Secure also can to ignore it as default.

But real-time scanning.... can to re-check that folders during "daily scan".

Or potentially.... scheduled scan also can to goes for check that folders.

But it does not matter... because if anyway - nothing to found... not always can be "all good with system". But close to all good - when it scanned by some various software.

• renniemac

Thank you all. will look at recycle bin. thanks for that Simon.

Many thanks to all who have helped me with this.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info