F-Secure Host process (32-bit) bug found

I have had long time problem with all my browser. When I have lot of pages open, my computer stop working, and start to send  message Secure connection failured. Also my email stop working then.

Now I have found reason for that. F-secure Host Process starts too many tasks and when certain limit is over, it starts send this message and not allow me to continue surfing.

Before I found the reason, I had to always boot my computer, but now, when I found the reason it is enough if I go to my Task Manager and close those extra tasks of F-Secure Host Process.

Kind regards, Anneli

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm also only F-Secure user (their home solutions).

But, just interesting, 'lot of pages' it is how many?! At least, can be useful information for double-check with another system? With my system and some/many opened pages -> I also feel some troubles with system (but not like 'Secure connection troubles' and did not check about F-Secure processes -> because my system goes be with too overload and browser/explorer reloaded itself or with kind of freeze temporary - so, to open Task Manager is not always an option).

Thanks!

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Onneli,

There was a response from F-Secure RND team about the multiple instances of fshoster running in the device. Please have a look at the post here.

• Onneli
    Onneli Posts: 2 New Member

Hi,

it is not definitely a correct solution from f-secure, that I have to reboot my computer because of too many f-secure host processes.

For example, I had made a lot of work to collect my shopping basket in internet shop, and suddenly my browser started to tell that the "connection is not secure" and my e-mail stops synchronizing.  When I rebooted, the basket was gone.

There must be a proper solution for this from software manufacturer (f-secure).

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

@Onneliwrote:

Hi, 

it is not definitely a correct solution from f-secure, that I have to reboot my computer because of too many f-secure host processes.For example, I had made a lot of work to collect my shopping basket in internet shop, and suddenly my browser started to tell that the "connection is not secure" and my e-mail stops synchronizing.  When I rebooted, the basket was gone.There must be a proper solution for this from software manufacturer (f-secure).

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm only F-Secure user (their home solutions).

With one of recent technology-preview/beta of F-Secure SAFE builds:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Home-Security/FS-Protection-PC-Release-210/td-p/105163

was certain fix for potential performance troubles with Firefox (and large count of tabs).

Just like additional suggestion: if you did not try it yet -> good to try contact direct F-Secure Support Channels (chat as example):

for example, to create fsdiag:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Common-topics/How-do-I-create-an-FSDIAG-file/ta-p/18190

and then transfer it to Support:

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

Otherwise -> maybe noted situation is tweaked/fixed with beta-builds already.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info