F-Secure Host Process

Superuser

Re: F-Secure Host Process

I know you've said you've already tried, but I think you would need to contact support with that question.  I don't think they make any guarantees of protection for unsupported operating systems.  

Contact Support by Phone or Chat

Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply into the party.

I just able to add that recent Online Help/Documentation with proper requirements:

https://help.f-secure.com/product.html#home/safe/2017/en (as default state).

But, yes, with abilities to switch for another (previous) builds/years.

And maybe current F-Secure installation under Windows Vista with support-status (or with meanings from Knowledgebase article about Vista EOF). How it was suggested --> good to keep it (if still works).

But I able to think that "F-Secure Host Process"-crash with potential different impact (based on what crashed in fact). Probably F-Secure with design about 're-create' (re-up) after crash for F-Secure Host Process. And maybe this is a reason for 'Computer is Protected'-state.

But as another conclusions -> not possible to provide protection under not supported platform. Or such 'protection' can be not enough.

Maybe can be an option to re-check that all works (after crash) with websites like amtso.org (as example) -> where possible to re-sure that harmful-rated websites are blocked; and malicious-files are detected.

Thanks!

Community Manager

Hi SvenR,

As mentioned by others in the post, Vista is not supported for F-Secure Internet Security. This is our current list of supported OS for F-Secure Internet Security.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

Today I managed to reach the support chat, where I was informed that I cannot trust the "protected" status in F-Secure, because Microsoft has stopped sending security updates for Vista and this OS is no longer supported by F-Secure. He wrote that F-Secure might still give me some protection, but that is not guaranteed.

My advice to F-Secure is that your software should say something different than protected (green) if there is a problem. Probably other users have just like me used F-Secure for a long time and not noticed that their OS is no longer supported.

Highlighted

I strongly recommend seeing if you can buy a cheap Windows 7 license from somewhere cheap and try upgrading to that by taking backup first. Microsoft still supports Windows 7 until around 2020 (at least) and the primary difference between Vista and Windows 7 is latter is less buggy. Most hardware that is Vista-compatible is compatible with Windows 7