cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F-Secure Host Process Error

Scholar

F-Secure Host Process Error

Hi,

a message from windows keeps popping out every 30 seconds or so telling me there's been a problem with F-Secure Host Process (it's the classic windows message that tells a process will be shut down and asks if you want to send informations about it).

By checking task manager I've found out there's about 10 processes running all named "fshoster32.exe". I think the two things might be connected. 

I haven't also been able to scan my system with F-Secure since this problem came up. 

Thanks in advance for any answer.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Scholar

Re: F-Secure Host Process Error

I got an email-message from F-secure Technical Support Engineer, not sure if this solution is official, but it worked for me:

Download file ftp://avhfshosterSmiley Tongue%4055w0rd@ftp.customer.f-secure.com/AVH_replacer.zip

Extract it and run the installer in the folder. Problem solved.

Still I'm not sure if this is correct way to fix.

22 REPLIES 22
Senior Advisor

It should have few fshoster32.exes, but I don't think that much. Had you tried to restart your computer? It does still so?

(you can try to "request support"(in support page) as such bugs aren't quite often seenand give them fsdiag.zip (find "support tool" or "fsdiag tool" or similarly called application in the start menu's F-Secure folder and launch it))

Scholar

Hi!

I'm having same problem too. OS is Windows XP. Reinstalling F-secure didn't help anything. I'll try to send fsdiag tomorrow

F-Secure Product Expert

Hello arvo,

Please contact to our technical support regarding this problem.

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact/request

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Superuser

Hello,

This morning, I got two phone reports about this error message from our home users.

One says he couldn't even access the net until FSIS was disabled! If that is the case, not even the superb AUA-based update and patching technology may be able to remedy the issue automagically. That's worrying!

Sincerely: Tamas Feher, Hungary.

Superuser

Dear Jari,

Just got an FSDIAG file from an affected customer and forwarded it to the FSC Partner Support e-mail, with the subject "F-Secure Host Process has crashed and stopped with FSdiag (Top URGENT!)". I haven't got an auto-response with the SR ID case ticket code yet.

Sincerely: Tamas Feher, 2F 2000, Hungary.

Superuser

Hello,

I am unable to submit the concerning FSDIAG, I get Message Processing Timeout errors!

Sincerely: Tamas Feher, Hungary.

Superuser

Dear Jari,

Please check the "SR ID 1-561432685" case. I submitted the correspondingly numbered FSDIAG files via F-Secure's FTP server, because there a problem with F-Secure HQ's Proofpoint gateway when hhandling large e-mail attachments.

I think this software bug needs urgent fix.

Sincerely: Tamas Feher, 2F 2000, Hungary.

Highlighted
F-Secure Product Expert

Hello Tamas,

Thanks! Found your support request and we are already investigating this with high priority. We will get back to you as soon as we have the fix.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

My girlfriend has the same problem. Looking forward to a fast solution. It's VERY annoying.