cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F-Secure AV for Mac - Security Cloud Malfunction Error

Novice

F-Secure AV for Mac - Security Cloud Malfunction Error

New install on Mac OSX Yosemite, all okay except for the above "Security Cloud Malfuntion" error.  Machine has working internet, no proxi set.

Anybody have any suggestions?

14 REPLIES
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: F-Secure AV for Mac - Security Cloud Malfunction Error

Hello Trevor,

Could you double check that you have access to our servers mentioned in this article.

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

Just purchased F-Secure. 3 new installs-uninstalls - continue to get Security cloud malfunction - Your Computer Is Not Protected

New system restore from backup - still same messages - any help greatly appreciated

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Philster37,

Do you use a Mac or a PC?

Did you review the article mentioned above?

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I am using a Mac.

Can you explain how I configure the proxy server - if that's what is required?

I tried selectingWeb Proxy  HTTP and SEcure Web Proxy HTTPS and then entering one of the network ranges given in the article - but I then lost internet access until I removed this change.

Thanks

Scholar

Hi, I would be grateful for a reply.

In the meantime I found this article:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security/Configuring-a-http-proxy-for-F/td-p/6119

This explains how to configure the proxy server.

Unfortunately, the code is writen incorrectly. I know nothing about this so I have had to teach myself how to error-check the code. There is a redundant space in the first line, but getting to the second gives:

open -t /tmp/fsaua_config
The file /tmp/fsaua_config does not exist.

This suggests that something is missing from the software downloaded from the F-Secure server. I could be wrong. Any help gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

Scholar

of course . . .right . . .the fsaua_config file has now been removed.

I can't belive how complex this s becoming . . .

Scholar

I have just run the F-Secure support tool (found in Applications/F-Secure) which generated this report:

Running sw_vers
Copying software version info files.
Running package verification for com.f-secure.* pkgs
Copying crash/hang/panic reports
sudo: /var/db/sudo owned by uid 501, should be uid 0

Anyone have any ideas - to be frank, I find it a bit strange to be debugging a new piece of software as soon as I install it.

I guess Linux is open soure and F-Secure expects the community to fix it . . (that was a joke)

Any pointers how to fix this would be appreciated

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Philster37,

The information provided on this article is old and not anymore valid.

If you have a proxy, it should work just by entering the appropriate settings in the OS X system preference. In some case you might need to reboot so that they are taken into use.

However if you are not using any proxy, then you could try running the cloud diagnostic. 

To do so on your installation, Alt+click on the menu bar F-Secure icon and select "Cloud Diagnostics"

The diagnostics should be shown in a new browser window.

Best Regards

-Ben

Novice

Has this issue been solved? As I have just had this issue come up on my iMac and it has interfered with web browsing. Also in says it fails when trying to instal the web browsing installer.