F-Secure 2014 for ISPs?

Hi all,

anyone has an udate on when the ISP (re-branded) versions of the FS 2014 line are available?

Does it differ between different ISPs in different countries regarding update frequency of the software version or do all of them receive the new versions regardless?

Regards,

Joakim

Comments

• NikK
    NikK Posts: 903 Forum Champion

Some useful info:

I've spent a lot of time troubleshooting my ISP product: why it's always an old FS version, what version is it exactly, why some functionality is missing(turns out banking protection was deleted by ISP) etc.

Since I never got an answer from my ISP I decided last month to check one last time: No new version! So I abandoned the ISP product and got the product directly from FS.

All problems solved and I got the latest version for the first time! (and for about the same price too)

I went directly from IS 2013 release 2(which was NOT the latest 2013 release), to FS 2014. I'm not sure exactly but I think 2013 release 2 is almost a year old !!!

Actually I got ONE answer from my ISP on why I should get the product from them:

- It's more convenient. You only have to pay us, so you get one bill instead of two.

Now I know I have the latest version, and I know all functionality is available in the product! I''ll get 2 bills, so what Smiley Wink

Lesson learned: I'll probably get all future products from the original company.

• Janiashvili
    Janiashvili Posts: 454 Adventurer

The most rational reason that I found behind ISP's issue is that older year versions (I.e. 2013) are more bugfree and usually tend to be more polished(same as for business products - they use "technology" used in previous year's home products; It's not only for F-Secure, all companies do that)). But I'm not sure in case of your ISP, that you hadn't even latest 2013 release. Which makes your ISP officially jerk

• NikK

Yes, that's how I've understood it too. They wan't to use an older stable and more bugfree version, which in my case was 1 year old. I think other people should know this since it's a large ISP: Bredbandsbolaget(BBB).

The problem however was that they could never even answer exactly what version they provided.

I had to install the product and try figure that out for myself by checking version numbers for Launch Pad, Computer Security and then read a lot of release documents to find a match.

To sum up my suggestion in choosing product:

If you're a non-tech person I think it's ok to use an ISP version.

But if you always want the latest product and want to use new functionality directly after beta testing is approved: Get the product directly from F-Secure!

• Janiashvili
    Janiashvili Posts: 454 Adventurer
    I don't wait for beta testing...
  • NikK

That's the 3rd option but I didn't mention that since the discussion was choosing ISP product or not. To go directly from old ISP version to FS beta program I guess is not that common. It's like the opposite of older stable ISP versions.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info