F-S IS image too large in low resolution

Aspirant

F-S IS image too large in low resolution

I have F-S IS installed on eeepC 900 with 9 In Screen and max resolution 1024 with W10.IS_eeePC.jpg

I cannot move the image or resize it.
How can access the menu?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Superuser

Re: F-S IS image too large in low resolution

Hello,

 

Before any good official responses. And if it can be useful to play with workarounds.

 

Maybe possible to try contact direct F-Secure Support Channels (chat when available):
https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

 

What if they do able to create some customization fix-steps for you by certified steps.

 

Thanks!

 

// as potential workaround: based on your screenshot -- you're able to do most of important things.

To open "Settings" under Main current Tab; Switch to another tab (left-panel) - even it not fully visible, but should be possible to choose it (like Parental Control-tab -- second tab).

 

Thanks.

 

Aspirant

Re: F-S IS image too large in low resolution

Thanks, I was planning to contact support, but decided to try the community first.
As far as I can see the product is working as designed, but the hardware is aged and this situation is unforeseen.

However, this did not happen with previous versions of  FS IS before the latest Windows 10 update.

The image was smaller.
I can a ccess the common settings directly when right clicking the F-Secure icon ins the system bar.

Superuser

Re: F-S IS image too large in low resolution


@martink_second wrote:

Thanks, I was planning to contact support, but decided to try the community first.
As far as I can see the product is working as designed, but the hardware is aged and this situation is unforeseen.

However, this did not happen with previous versions of  FS IS before the latest Windows 10 update.

The image was smaller.
I can a ccess the common settings directly when right clicking the F-Secure icon ins the system bar.


So, but... before latest Windows 10 update -> does your experience was about F-Secure IS 17 (based on your screenshot -> it's "F-Secure IS" /17.0/-build).

Because -> previous stable F-Secure IS /16.5/-build was smaller. With current stable (17.0) F-Secure IS/SAFE it start be larger by default. Most likely with your configuration for screen/resolution -- it can be with such broken view (too large for it).

If situation was OK with "17.0"-build but recent Windows 10 update will create it -> maybe possible to re-check system's zoom (or something like this) settings.

 

// also probably another workaround:

under your screenshot probably is not 'maximized'-state. But when it maximized -> maybe it should fit good.

If not possible to maximize by some of common steps -- available next potential option -- to open Task Manager -- find the F-Secure Host process (when Main UI window is opened) -- rightclick such process and choose "Maximize"-string. Window should be maximized and maybe fit well under your screen too (if not - so... maybe F-Secure Team with potential abilities to fix something for such configurations).

 

Thanks!

Patron

Re: F-S IS image too large in low resolution

Thanks.

Looking more closely at it the screen resolution is 800x600. I'd be happy to use 1024, but it is an old brand name laptop and as usual there are no display drivers for other than the original OS. So it is using MS basic driver and no other resolution is available.

 

Tried to use the second workaround you suggested. However, the option is not available.eeePC_taskmgr.jpg

In theory I can see the menu options in the small icon Windows displays and could imagine to be able to navigate with Tab

IS_eeePC2.jpg

Superuser

Re: F-S IS image too large in low resolution

Hello,

 

Based on your first sreenshot and second potential workaround:

 

Should be possible to choose "Expand" for 'F-Secure Host Process'.

Then should be visible F-Secure Logo and generic name (as subprocess for window). When you choose it -> such string should be with "Maximize"-option.

 

Thanks!

Senior Member

Re: F-S IS image too large in low resolution


@martink wrote:

Thanks.

Looking more closely at it the screen resolution is 800x600. I'd be happy to use 1024, but it is an old brand name laptop and as usual there are no display drivers for other than the original OS. So it is using MS basic driver and no other resolution is available.

 

Tried to use the second workaround you suggested. However, the option is not available.eeePC_taskmgr.jpg

In theory I can see the menu options in the small icon Windows displays and could imagine to be able to navigate with Tab

 


I have a vague recollection 800x600 isn't a supported resolution but I could be wrong. Of course, the GUI *is* resizable and layout responsive so you might still be able to get it to do somethig useful

Patron

Re: F-S IS image too large in low resolution

This is in response to the community mailer.

No I did not get an answer.

 

Re:
Of course, the GUI *is* resizable and layout responsive so you might still be able to get it to do somethig useful

That is only partially true: I can make the image larger by dragging the borders, but I cannot make it smaller from the size in which it opens. Secondly the borders are in visible even if that were possible.

 

The hardware the hardware did not come with support better resolutions than 800x600 so suggesting adjusting screen resolution is no answer either and hacks to get higher resolution were for XP only.

 

The manufacturer does not support Win 10 on eeePC and therefore it is using MS Basic display driver which does not offer better than 800x600

Senior Member

Re: F-S IS image too large in low resolution


@martink wrote:

This is in response to the community mailer.

No I did not get an answer.

 

Re:
Of course, the GUI *is* resizable and layout responsive so you might still be able to get it to do somethig useful

That is only partially true: I can make the image larger by dragging the borders, but I cannot make it smaller from the size in which it opens. Secondly the borders are in visible even if that were possible.

 

The hardware the hardware did not come with support better resolutions than 800x600 so suggesting adjusting screen resolution is no answer either and hacks to get higher resolution were for XP only.

 

The manufacturer does not support Win 10 on eeePC and therefore it is using MS Basic display driver which does not offer better than 800x600


A bit off-topic but at least in the past eeePC used to work quite well on Linux and you might get a better graphical experience with less viruses there. Just a though

Patron

Re: F-S IS image too large in low resolution

On my eePC that was easily fixed:

Increasing the height of the toolbar to the the double will resize the image to fit the screen.

Reducing the toolbar height back to single icon height will not change the size of the image.

Otherwise I have not found a way to resize the image.