Event ID 33 and other concerns

Hi,

I have a few problems:

1)

just formatted & installed Win 7 x64 with all the Windows updates. installed the latest version of F-Secure AV2.15 Build 358

every restart, I notice this error in the Event Log:

Activation context generation failed for "c:\program files (x86)\F-Secure\apps\computersecurity\anti-virus\fscataloginfo.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.6195" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Please help me fix this

2) Regarding F-Secure Customer Care: XXXXXXXX, I checked with my bank and didn’t get the refund for the 2 year license I had purchased before and had refunded.

I now repurchased F-Secure Anti-Virus 1 PC / 1 year license, so since I never got the refund can you add those 2 years of my previous license to my new license which I purchased under a new email. Please PM me so I can send you my new email address.

3) The Support Request site (https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/support-request ) is not working properly. When I typed in my message and hit submit , it gave me an error message saying:

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator.

And why is there a character limit?? How is one supposed to elaborate when you only allow a few lines only to be typed!?

MaXimus

MaxGeeks

EDIT: REMOVED PERSONAL INFORMATION

Comments

Hi @MatrixLeader 

The dependent assembly problem indicates missing C-runtimes. Please try installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 redistributable package to your computer and see if it helps. You can find it from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3387.

(F-Secure R&D)

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• MatrixLeader
    MatrixLeader Posts: 29 Observer

Hi there, that's what I also read upon researching that error so I installed all Microsoft Visual C++ that I have but it didn't help

check this image:

2015-01-29_151831.png

• MatrixLeader
    I installed the one from your link Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 6.00.2900.2180 64 bit and 32 bit. I'll monitor the error and report back.
  • MatrixLeader
    The errors is gone after installing the older Visual C++ 2005 that you gave me in that link :)

now if someone can help me with concern #2 and 3 it would be great
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    Hi MatrixLeader!

Since it's been a while since the last reply, I wondered if you managed to get your other two concerns addressed? Let us know if you still need a hand!
  • MatrixLeader
    I did Chrissy thank you.

I submitted a cancellation + refund of my license to F-Secure but I wanna cancel that request and want to keep my license. I have PMed you my e-mail address just in case
This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info