Enrolled against my will in trialing heaven knows what by visiting "My F-Secure".

I read in the forum that "My F-Fecure" is something from which I can manage my subscriptions.

I have Mobile Security and Freedome, purchased separately.

I visited the page today.
I didn't enroll in anything.
I found I already had valid login credentials in my browser.

After logging in, I saw the following cryptic notice:
"Your trial period is valid until 06/27/2019."
How can I determine what exactly is that I am now trialing?
👺👿🔥

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

"My F-Secure" portal is for "F-Secure SAFE" and "F-Secure TOTAL" solutions / subscriptions / packages.

Sounds that your experience is about "F-Secure Mobile Security" (exist as business solution and/or kind of "legacy" mode for Android F-Secure SAFE application). There was a discussion about differences between "F-Secure Mobile Security" (or even F-Secure Internet Security for Windows) and F-Secure SAFE with its multi-platform support:

F-Secure FREEDOME VPN is not about any portal - if it is not part of "F-Secure TOTAL" package.

After logging in, I saw the following cryptic notice:
    "Your trial period is valid until 06/27/2019."
    How can I determine what exactly is that I am now trialing?

First of all, there should be any words about what is solution there. F-Secure SAFE or F-Secure TOTAL.

In addition, if nothing is visible - then possible to check it by "portal type" (if you will describe how it looks). For example, F-Secure TOTAL portal with visible tab (or submenu) for 'Freedome VPN' (and, probably, tab for F-Secure KEY).

F-Secure SAFE with only one tab. For "SAFE" managing itself.

I am not sure what was the valid credentials. Maybe it was for / from "Community" account. After first login (or maybe further "confirmation") - account is automatically activated and trial is started. But sounds a bit tricky.

One option is to contact their official Support channel and request what is solution (trial) is pinned to your email:

Sorry for my English and unclear words.

Reask if anything is not enough or for further discussion.

Thanks!

• preppy-skeptic
    preppy-skeptic Posts: 17 Observer

All clear now. I noticed the word "SAFE" , which I wrongly took for a status indication since it was NOT marked as "this is the F-Secure product we are talking about". I did not at any point actively agree to trial it, nor did the website say anywhere that the act of logging in would trigger the trial, nor that the trial would be for "SAFE". 

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

I did not at any point actively agree to trial it, nor did the website say anywhere that the act of logging in would trigger the trial, nor that the trial would be for "SAFE". 

First of all, I am not sure that it was the case. It is only unofficial suggestions. Since I am only an F-Secure user too.

I feel that one option is to contact their direct Support Channels (chat as example):

To ask them about situation. To receive explanation and clarification. And maybe to request changes for your needs (for example, to cancel trial, deactivate only SAFE account but "save" your Community account or any other).

On current time, during try to register Community Account - sounds that it is about "F-Secure Account". At least, Terms leads to common ones:

Thus, it is not needed to create two accounts (or more): for Community and for F-Secure solution Account portal.

But it can be tricky to "launch" trial only after registered Community account. So, I think that maybe first login into "F-Secure Account" portal with your Community credentials (or could you to explain - what was the credentials?!) is a trigger for trial. Although, my previous experience was always about "ask" before start / launch trial. I will try to check how it on current day (// it is only prompted for account confirmation - but trial is activated after "postpone" confirmation). I think that design is "if page for My F-Secure Account portal, as place for rule F-Secure SAFE or F-Secure TOTAL things,  and user decided to login into it with his credentials - then it is kind of creation account for service and trial is launched, just if there is a freshly created account). Perhaps, it is not enough clear - but a bit logical.

To understand whether trial is for SAFE or for TOTAL, usually, possible by words around forms / login itself. At least, all places where I tried it - with such remark. In addition, URL itself can be with difference.

All in all, trial is not something about critical output (not need to provide something or to pay). Only trouble that if you decided to "trial" solution later - need to contact Support for reset "already used trial time".

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info