ETHERNET

TF1
TF1 Posts: 1 New Member

I have an ethernet connection for F-SECURE which reads "Ian ethernet". Should the connection read as this or am I connected to someone else's computer?

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Most likely there is all OK.

But just as clarification:

--> Do you talk about this feature of F-Secure SAFE:

https://help.f-secure.com/product.html#home/safe-windows/2017/en/task_380A55E1A5E4467BBC4327B151E3A78C-safe-windows-2017-en

With potentially related notification as "Network Checker" about safe (or not) status of current connection?

Such as there was notification/prompt (and listed under "Recent events") as "lan ethernet" are safe?

If yes -> most likely it can be normal situation. Where "lan" is name of "Network" (it possible to re-name probably);

Maybe it should be based on configuration and limitations, but I think that if you "plug" your computer by Ethernet-cable to some of device (router, modem or other possibilities) - so you connect your own computer to Network; And you did not connect to someone else's computer (generally - but maybe not totally like that);

If you did not that ("usage Ethernet-cable" for getting Internet-access) - so there can be some other research-meanings;

Sorry for my long reply. Do you mean something about this or there ask about certain F-Secure solution/feature/situation? Or maybe required some other help?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info