Dialogs off screen when using scaling

TomSh
TomSh Posts: 1 New Member

I'm using F-Secure Internet Security on a Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10. The default Windows setting is set to apply a scaling factor of 200%.

I noticed that the Banking Protection dialog (the bar at the top containing a button to end the Banking Protection mode) is centered as if the scaling factor was 100%, so half of the dialog is hidden outside the right edge of the screen, including the end button. I have to close the browser completely to exit. Banking Protection was not that much of a deal as I am rather cautious when browsing the web anyway so I disabled it. (This does still happen, regardless of any fullscreen app having been launched, see below.)

But after launching a fullscreen application which changes the screen resolution like a game and closing it eventually, every window of the F-Secure program I open (e.g. the main window, the about window, the subscription windows, etc) is centered to the middle of the screen, again, as if no scaling was applied. I can see about one forth of the windows in the bottom right corner, which I have to drag so I can see the whole window.
The problem is that I cannot see the context menu of the tray icon. I have checked whether it does simply not pop up or if it's off the screen with a scaling factor of 100% and in fact it is launched outside my field of view and even then it's half off the screen. (The dialog is launched directly below my mouse cursor (link to image) instead of in the bottom right corner (link to image) aligned with the borders of the screen. Ironically, even then new windows are launched in the bottom right corner, cutting off three forths of the window).  Restarting the explorer process using the task manager doesn't fix this, only rebooting does. The context menu and main window of Freedome show just fine by the way.

I actually don't mind dragging in the window (appart from being able to use the Banking Protection properly) but is there a possibility to enable/toggle the gaming mode without using the context menu, for example using the command line? Is the gaming mode activated every time a fullscreen application is launched or does being in fullscreen only hide non-critical notifications? IMHO the manual isn't quite clear about that.

I know this is some kind of duplicate of program pop-ups position problem on Win10 and F-scure safe browser window is off the screen but this problem still appears after launching a fullscreen application.

Additional Information:

F-Secure 16.5
Antivirus 14.176 build 101
DeepGuard 5.0 build 593
E-mail Filtering 1.02 build 22223
Management Agent 8.30 build 43258
User Interface 19.10 build 270
Virus Protection 11.00 build 22424

Windows 10 Pro 1703, OS Build 15063.483,

no multiple monitors, no virtual desktops

Comments

This discussion has been closed.