Demo and expired license

F-Secure

Re: Demo and expired license

Hi kamal!

Please refer to Gary's post requesting that you supply your SRID # or contact him via private message.

Thanks,

// Chrissy

Has somebody helped you? Give Kudos as a way to say "thanks!"
Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using the "Accept as Solution" button to let others know.

Hi Chrissy,

I have sent a message to Gary as well as customer support with the SRID and FSdiag details. I think this problem cannot be solved with the current version of Fsecure Internet Security. I can install and uninstall anyother Internet security within that 30 day trial so far no problem but only with f-secure i got installation problem. Sorry to say that.

Regards

Highlighted
Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Kamal,

Our support agent is still waiting for your FSDIAG log file in order to check further, can you please follow the instruction from HERE to generate the FSDIAG and send it back to our support agent by replying to the e-mail?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Gary

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

Hello Sir,

I have now send an email contacting the fsdiag.zip.i hope that will help.

Thanks,

R.Kamal.

Senior Advisor

I tried to solve my problems with Support over several weeks in trying to install the trial version more than once. Even deleting the relevant registry keys did not work. ( on Windows 7, 64-bit)

Either F-Secure need to code a new uninstaller which deletes ALL registry keys or they need to allow more than 1 installation.

I have used many security programs over the past 18 years and F-Secure is the ONLY ONE that allows only 1 install of the trial version.

Compared to most other AV vendors the retail price of the F-Secure Home products is IMHO expensive so making sure that the demo/trial version works on a particular system is important. Allowing at least 3 installs/uninstalls would help in this respect.

Maybe F-Secure need to state emphatically that only 1 install of the trial/demo version is possible somewhere on their support site or in the actual trial version itself.

I would be very interested in any users here posting that they were able to install the trial version more than once.  If there is a procedure that works maybe it can be posted as a sticky on this Forum.

Superuser

I wonder if it goes by the IP address that the trial has been installed on? Has anyone managed to install the same trial on two different machines under the same IP?

The reason why i am trying to install again is that i like f-secure and its a whole package that no AV vendors are delivering. I am trying to test my PC with some games running in background and to notice if i experience any lag.

Thanks

Senior Advisor

I doubt whether it is by IP address as support was emphatic that once some registry keys were deleted I would be good to go.

Superuser

It was just a guess. I had a not dissimilar issue some time back, when I had problems with the 2012 product. I had to uninstall and reinstall it a few times, and in that instance, using the uninstall tool created issues with a FULL licence, which had to be reset by Support. When I uninstalled simply using Add / Remove Programs in Windows, it reinstalled without any problems. Not directly relevant here, perhaps, but it does indicate that the FS Uninstall Tool certainly has an effect on the licence key.

Yes even the support team recommend to use the uninstallation tool instead of add/remove program.Other than that Fsecure is way ahead of other internet security softwares