Deepgard and Malwarebites

Hello,

I use internet security from f-secure and i use Malwarebites. The last one have had a upgrade and now is not working with f-secure. The problem is deepgard. the service of malwarebites is not activated and hold back down because deepgard is not allowe the program to run.

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMService.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamtray.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMWsc.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\assistant.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MbamPt.exe

How en were can i put this files to let them run again?

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

One solution suggested on the MWB forums is to run Deepguard in Compatibility Mode, but this does reduce the full effectiveness of Deepguard.  

Unfortunately, now that Malwarebytes has strayed into antivirus territory, I think that there will inevitably be conflicts with using two similar programs on one machine.

• peterthegreat71
    peterthegreat71 Posts: 2 New Member

The following must be done according to malwarebytes

Thank you for your reply. I apologize for my prior communication. I misinterpreted the content of the original communication. Some antivirus applications require exclusions to be defined for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, so that they do not interfere with Malwarebytes operation and vice versa. These are typically referred to as exclusions or ignore list entries. The following is a list of Malwarebytes programs which should be placed on an Exclusion list if required.

This list is specific to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 3.×.

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MbamPt.exe
    C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
    C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\assistant.exe
    C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMWsc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamtray.exe
    C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMService.exe

But I don't know where this should be done

Isn't there a way to allow these applications to deepgard

I can select "Use Advanced process control" in deepgard. Malwarebytes is than working. But is that the anwser i'm looking for? I don't want to make my pc unsecured

• Parham
    Parham Posts: 103 Enthusiast

Hi

i think MalwareBytes Premium is an Anti-Virus by itself, and 2 Anti-Virus in 1 system, well it's not allowed for 1, and it may put your system in risk because 2 lion cannot live in 1 jungle i hope you underestand my point.

but for MalwareBytes Free, should not be any problem it's just a second opinion scanner without Real-Time feature.

and Please Do Not put any file on Exclusion list as every software/process/files in your system could have an Exploit, and DeepGuard needs to monitor them, this is your Security, choice is yours at the end.

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

I think the exclusions would be applied in the antivirus settings in F-Secure.  You can add files and folders to a list which will then be excluded from scans, but if you choose to use either of the suggested methods, it can compromise security in F-Secure.

You may have noticed that most of the suggested solutions from Malwarebytes involves making changes to the other anti-virus program.  I believe it is Malwarebytes who should be making changes to their own program, if they want to make it compatible with other antivirus software, as they claim it is.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info