Database Update Frequency - Spam filtering and Deep Guard

Hi,

Does anyone know the update frequency for Spam filtering and Deep Guard?

Mine currently states

Deep Guard:                                4 days ago (2013-08-06_01)

Spam filtering:                              4 days ago (2013-05-29_02)

Are these updated as new threats arise and not on a regular cycle?

Thanks.

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

My Spam Filtering states 24 days ago!  I'm guessing these aren't updated as often as the virus and spyware definitions.  In fact, having just checked the logs, it seems that the spam filtering database was even quite old when it was downloaded:

2013-07-19 18:04:05.062 [04f0.0d30]  I: Downloaded 'F-Secure Anti-Spam Update 2013-04-15_01' - 'ASPAM' version '2013041501' from updates-tp.sp.f-secure.com, 3503577 bytes (download size 1968140 bytes)

• Janiashvili
    Janiashvili Posts: 454 Adventurer
    I bet that's engine update, not the database
  • Simon

That corresponds with the date of the last database update, and in fact, it gives the gives the version date next to the update, which appears to be 15th April:

Untitled-3.png

• Janiashvili
    Janiashvili Posts: 454 Adventurer
    I'm sticking with the idea that's its more kind of engine update than database update and it uses cloud for actual database(I have no idea how spam filter works)
  • Simon

Actually, now you've mentioned the cloud database, I guess that makes sense.

• Blackcat
    Blackcat Posts: 503 Influencer

@simon,

are you using the beta? As my Spam filtering only says 4 days ago!

Capture.GIF

• Simon
    Yes, I'm using the latest beta, installed when you installed yours - but didn't you do a clean installation? My 'new' beta was updated from the original one, so maybe it goes on the last full install, not just an upgrade? What's the date beside yours?
  • Blackcat
    Blackcat Posts: 503 Influencer
  • Simon
    2013-04-15. Same as mine. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info