Custom Install Directory?

One of the features I liked about prior versions of F-Secure Internet Security (2011 and previous) was the ability to specify a "custom install" directory. I build my own desktops, and I always partition "Drive 0" into two partitions  One for "C:\" and one for "D:\".  I do my best to put any apps I install on "D:\" and leave C:\" for Windows system stuff (yes, I know some common DLLs are always installed on C:, but not everything has to be!!!). Keeping C:\ as lean as possible helps in re: backup strategies (the less I have to back up "image copy" style on C:\, the better), as well as avoids the condition where C:\ gets filled to capacity and causes Windows to halt.

Why does F-Secure now forcibly install itself on Drive C:\ where I can no longer keep track of it as easily as before?  Is there a way to specify a custom directory for the install? Also, F-Secure seems to install a series of cache files that are very large and take up a ton of space on C:\. I would prefer to have those elsewhere for similar reasons.  Can you please allow us to specify a directory for those as well?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello mag3rd,

Thank you for your feedback. There isn't unfortunately  a possibility to install our home security solution on another Drive.

If you want this feature to be considered back for our futur release, I would advise you to post it in the new idea part of our community.

• mag3rd
    mag3rd Posts: 8 Observer

@Ben wrote:

Hello mag3rd,

Thank you for your feedback. There isn't unfortunately  a possibility to install our home security solution on another Drive.

May I ask why not?   It was already a feature of prior versions (i.e. Internet Seucrity 2011). 

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info