Conflict

Aspirant

Conflict

Run scan it scans up to 545 files then hangs and you have to power off and start again.

Had spyware terminator running when F-Secure was installed but have since deleted it.

Should I reinstall F-Secure and try again ?

As a side issue Firefox has started freezing for no reason.

Any help apprieciated thank you

14 REPLIES 14
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Re: Conflict

You can always run our Online Scanner to confirm the integrity of your machine if our products are not installed yet.

Could you give us more information on the hang your experienced? 

Which operating system are you using? From which product (version) were you scanning?

Concerning your Firefox issue, is that related to our product?

Which version of the browser are you running?

PS: @AJDaz I moved your post the the most relevant board.

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

Hi its windows7 home premium and I think the firefox is something else.

Computer works fine until you run F-Secure scan - gets so far with the scan and then it freezes up.

You have to power off and re:start the computer.

Will run the online scanner now to see what happens.

Thank you

Superuser

Just to clarify, when you say you 'deleted' Spyware Terminator, did you actually fully uninstall it?

It might be worth running something like CCleaner to remove any debris, then reinstall F-Secure, if the problem persists.
Aspirant

Re: Crap protection

Hi Chrissy please read my post (just posted) need help please..  thanks

F-Secure

Re: Crap protection

Hi! Looks like Ben and Simon beat me to it :) You can continue the conversation in this thread.  I moved your post here, BTW.

Has somebody helped you? Give Kudos as a way to say "thanks!"
Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using the "Accept as Solution" button to let others know.
Highlighted
Aspirant

Hi I uninstalled only after the problem with scan but not sure if any remnant left.

Where do I get cc cleaner

Thanks

Superuser

Google is your friend. Smiley Wink

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

The free version will do.
F-Secure

Hi AJDaz,

all good now? Let us know either way :)
Has somebody helped you? Give Kudos as a way to say "thanks!"
Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using the "Accept as Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

Hi Chrissy still scans a few files and then hangs Not sure what to do now Tried to reinstall but it does not do a clean reinstall Should I deleted it first and then load again ?