Computer-Security not acivated,Firewall not activated

Superuser

Re: Computer-Security not acivated,Firewall not activated

Yep, I was still in editing...already noticed and fixed it.

Matthias
----------
perComp is a Platinum Partner of F-Secure since 1994. Any advice or help given by me in this forum is voluntarily and to my best knowledge based on working with the products since 1997. Direct contact for customers please check our homepage http://www.percomp.de

Aspirant

I found the file fsuninstall somewhere in the Windows-explorer, and it worked fine.

Now that I´m reading your advices ( Thank you!!) everything is already done, F-Secure is installed again and until now

everything is perfect. No warnings at all !!!

I hope that the warning does not appear in a few days, so at it was after christmas.

Would you give this information to the people which are busy with the fsdiag-file?

Thanks for your help

Knud

Thinkpad L520, Windows7
Superuser

Just reply to the email that you received and maybe you also add a new FSDIAG so that they might find what actually went wrong.

BR

Matthias
----------
perComp is a Platinum Partner of F-Secure since 1994. Any advice or help given by me in this forum is voluntarily and to my best knowledge based on working with the products since 1997. Direct contact for customers please check our homepage http://www.percomp.de

Aspirant

Unfortunately today it´s the same as before: No Computer.Security, no firewall active. Tryed to activate without success.

Only Online-Safety seems to work.

I don´t know what to do, may be I go to my dealer and let me give the money back and try it with another software.

On the other side I´m really interested in finding a solution.

First I will send a new fsdiag to the support.

Is it possible that the preinstalled test-version from Norton has left something on the computer,which now disturbs f-sec? But I removed it complete.

In the Lenovo-Forum someone told me that he has the same problem. He said his f-secure now is working,after he deactivated HYPER W7.

I don´t know what that is, don´t know whether I have this on my laptop.I even would not know how to deactivate this.

Knud

Thinkpad L520, Windows7
Senior Advisor

I have one question, does it appear at login or after some time, e.g. after sleep/hibernate of computer?

Aspirant

If it works,it works the whole day, sometimes stand-by in between doesn´t matter it still keeps on working.

But when I start the computer in the morning, it is always the question: Will it work or not.

50% it doesen´t work. After next Start of the machine I have my next chance.

Thinkpad L520, Windows7
Aspirant

And I think,but it is not sure,when an update from F-Secure comes while machine is running,it changes from not working to working.May be thats the reason for the good chance in the morning,the machine begins the day with an update may be.

Thinkpad L520, Windows7
Senior Advisor

did you tried to restart when it didn't work?..(as you never mentioned it)

Maybe you try to look in event viewer??

Aspirant

Now I travelled from Germany to Netherland, switch the machine on,FS not working. I never tryed restart,but I will do.

Event viewer? Is this a part from FS-software?

I am in an open Net now,in a hotel, connected with WLAN. FS says,online-safety is working.I have now activated windows-firewall.Only Computer-Security doesn´t work. Do you think I´m safe?

All the updates I can see in FS-LaunchPad,those from yesterday and those from today,are not installed.

Knud

Thinkpad L520, Windows7
Senior Advisor

Event Viewer is very powerful (mostly) diagnostical logging tool built in Windows, if I'm not wrong since Windows 2000 it's built in.

There you'll see all the errors and other problems softwares experienced