Completion of installation

Hi,

I tried to install F-secure recently. Everything is right. In the dashboard there is a message that F-secure is "completing the installation". At 'status - computer - scanning for viruses' and 'planned scanning' the message is showed that it's updating. I left my computer on the whole night but nothing changed. When I installed F-Secure no error was showed. I guess that the installation is not finished but I cannot resolve the updating problem.

Has someone a idea why F-Secure cannot finish the installation?

Cheers, Fritz.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Fritz,

Kindly refer the Knowledge Base article below:

1. Final installation phase taking longer than expected.

2. Check and remove other vendors' security software.

3.Download and run the FSAUA-RESET tool.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• fritz
    fritz Posts: 6

Hi Jayson,

Thanks for your reply. I think I uninstalled all other security software (McFee and SuperAntiSpyware), I did this when installing F-Secure. I did run the FSAUA-reset tool, but it is still not updating. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Fritz.

• mydearcosmo
    mydearcosmo Posts: 18 Observer

Have you restarted your computer after the installation? Every program needs it especially if it is an AV or something related to computer security.image

• fritz

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I did. I started the whole installation again. Now it signals a security software conflict. I have to remove it manually (f-secure reports after a scan), but it does not say which security software is in conflict with f-secure. As far as I know I removed all other security software.

Fritz.

• [Deleted User]

Hi Fritz,

Try to search in the Program Files folder, is there any folder named with your previous security vendor?
    - c:\program files or c:\program files(x86).

If found any, please obtain the uninstallation tool from the vendor's website.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• fritz

Hi Jayson,

Thanks again for your reply. I found the folders (mcafee and superantispyware) and removed them with the vendor's tools from the websites.

But still the same problem; I have to remove conflicting software manually, but don't know which software. I also disabled Windows Defender.

Do you have any further suggestions?

Thanks again,

Fritz.

• [Deleted User]

Hi fritz,

Please try to reinstall the F-Secure product:
    1. Download and run the Uninstallation Tool.
    2. Reinstall the F-Secure product.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• fritz

Hi Jayson,

Thank you very much for your swift reply. I was very hopeful when I followed your suggestions, because I could (almost) install f-secure again. I installed and the computer restarted, but now I got stuck at the stage of my first post. F-secure says he is still installing (wait for completing of installation) and at 'status' it says it is updating 'scanning for viruses' and 'planned scanning', but it seems it not really updating. Quite dissapointing. 

Hopefully you have some other suggetions. 

Thanks, Fritz.

• [Deleted User]

Hi Fritz,

I would suggest you to send an e-mail to our support for further investigation. Kindly attach a FSDIAG together with your e-mail, you may include this post in your e-mail as well, to create FSDIAG file.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• fritz

Hi Jayson,

I will do that. Thank you very much for your help.

Fritz.

• daempii
    daempii Posts: 18 Observer

Your posts really helped me a lot. Thanks a lot, Jayson. Good job! image

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info