Charter Security Suite and F-Secure DLL Hoster not responding at shutdown

Aspirant

Re: Charter Security Suite and F-Secure DLL Hoster not responding at shutdown

I understand.

Thank you

Scholar

Same problem applied here but only after installation of F-Secure 2013.

I think F-Secure should really take responsability of these kind of actions their service might cause.

No any excuses of their third party commitments.

JMT

Aspirant

In my situation there was nothing F-Secure could do since Charter never escalated my case and gave it to F-Secure. All Charter had to do was stop dragging their feet, stop guessing at what the problem was and hand it over to a tech at F-Secure. I removed Charter Security Suite and all traces of F-Secure on my system. I am using Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2013. I have not had a problem since.

Supporter

Since I too have Charter, I looked into their F-Secure version. In my case, at that time in late 2012,  I bought a F-Secure license and compared the purchased version to Charters version, which theirs seemed to be behind in build? Not sure if it matters, as I'm sure all the AV defs. are the same, but I wanted the latest and greatest from the paid version (notice the DeepGuard versions), and also the ability of direct support from F-Secure. In the image below, I updated Charters version and did a image capture, then un-installed it, and installed the paid version, did an update and did an image capture.

Version compare.jpg

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Companies like Charter tend to use older versions, as they are usually less buggy and stuff.

But in this case, they seem to use 3 iterations older version, which is wrong IMO.

Supporter

Yes, to far behind for me. Good observation and thought, Janiashvili, as to why they tend to use older versions, allot of the bugs worked out, less for them to deal with in customer issues.

Scholar

I have installed F-Secure from Cogeco in Windsor Ontario and now have a problem with slower shut down time. Message is "Closing DLL Hoster". Please help.

Scholar

Cogeco tech. support in Windsor Ontario have resolved my F-Secure problem with the DLL Hoster program at shutdown. I now have normal shutdown speed again with no mention of DLL Hoster. Hallelujah!