Cannot unlock blocked website after latest update

Aspirant

Re: Cannot unlock blocked website after latest update

I have received information that mentioned website above now can be reached again. But this incident removed all my trust in F-secure and I will not use their service in future and is very happy with the new one. That allowed me to leave the broadband supplier I had which only offered high prices for 1000 MB connection and now I have that at only half the price so thank you F-secure for making me move on to better things.

Next time you update something please check it more thorough.

Superuser

Hello,

I still able to feel that your conclusion can be wrong. I do not mean technical troubles with 'exclude/allow' this certain website (or as with my own current experience - ANY of blocked websites). But reasons for block it.

I do not able to be sure that F-Secure do act as company who will 'block' certain website based on such thoughts. Maybe it common situation for US-based companies (or some other locations) - but Helsinki-based company probably able to receive profits by more good and interesting valid ways (and many other companies who with tries to provide good service). Just as my own feelings (with some limitations about such statement). At least, you freely uninstalled it (which should not be so 'easy' with situation - which you tried to describe).

And as my own unofficial suggestion (I'm only F-Secure user and not F-Secure staff or something like this):

F-Secure able to use own databases/research-results AND third-party common databases.

Most likely... quite often... such false-positive ratings for domains/websites based on third-party databases (as automatic process). Why this website added to some of their partners (?!) is not clear. It can be reasonable or not (I placed some of my thoughts about potential reasons for it already). And experience with third-party common databases can be important for security company - because there quite many 'real' malicious, harmful, phishing, rogue and trick websites/domains (that not possible to track it only by own research).

Quite likely -> that F-Secure Labs will re-rate this page/website after transfer it to them. As false positive.

This should be as addition to 'valid' design about allow website by related settings/features (which did not work with your experience based on something).

and as my conclusion:

-- probably indeed there technical trouble (bug?!) with Allow-design and some of recent updates.

It start be broken or not work about certain module. But randomly (by mistake) or with certain configuration.

And indeed not clear (if it like this) - why it not detected before release.

-- sorry for my ask. Your current experience about what kind of security solution? I usually with tries to check other security solutions (and not all of them can be with proper view for 'my control this software').

Or since your experience was about branded/customized F-Secure solution from broadband/ISP --> you replaced it by something similar to it (solution also provided by ISP/Broadband)?

Thanks!

F-Secure Product Manager

Hi,

We are investigating this. Ukko, did the problem go away after restarting the PC?

We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

-Cale

Superuser

@Cale wrote:

Hi,

We are investigating this. Ukko, did the problem go away after restarting the PC?

We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

-Cale

Hello,

If we talk about trouble from my replies. Trouble did not go away after restarting the PC (when trouble was actual), but it fixed already (with current day... of course, if trouble is not back). I did reply with more information under another topic and with next result:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Home-Security/FS-Protection-PC-Release-202/m-p/100985/highlight/tr...

after some hours from report (three maybe) -> my installation did receive CCF Basic update and it's fixed situation. But there was small trouble with "allow"-button (did not react at all) under one of system and such point 'go away' after restarting system.

AND I'm not sure about meanings from bloke1968's replies. Because it can be about another troubles (or/and with another reasons).

Thanks!