Cannot uninstall SAFE from Android phone

Hi,

I installed F-SAFE on my children's phone with parental control.

Unfortunately the first parameters I set were too restrictive.

So I changed these ones from the control panel on the website.

But nothing changed. My daughter is still facing the same limitations.

So I decided to remove the App from the phone.

IMPOSSIBLE.

I have to change the user in the SAFE App to do it but the system refuse my credential.

Do I have to reset completely the phone to remove this App?

Regards

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

So I decided to remove the App from the phone.
    IMPOSSIBLE.
    I have to change the user in the SAFE App to do it but the system refuse my credential.

Yes, it is protection against unauthorized uninstallation by kids. Only "adult"-chosen user (under F-Secure SAFE application) with ability and rights to uninstall it (by designed steps).

Thus, you have to change the user in F-Secure SAFE application to "main". But I am not sure why your credentials were refused.

Does it possible to doublecheck? For example, that you do able to do so with your browser; but with this exact credentials (mail-address / password) - it is not possible to do via F-Secure SAFE application(?).

By the way, what was a reason or an explanation for "refuse"? Wrong password? Or internal mistake output?

Do I have to reset completely the phone to remove this App?

You should not. It is not supposed to do, probably. If F-Secure SAFE Application is configured to be in "kids mode" - then need to change / switch user to main profile (adult) and then to use common designed steps to uninstall application (from its user interface or by common Android design).

I think that need to check that your credentials were right (it should be allowed). if not - back with reply.

Unfortunately the first parameters I set were too restrictive.

So I changed these ones from the control panel on the website.

I think that if all was OK (device is pinned to your account / subscription) - then changes are applied when device with active network connection. And maybe some minutes (at most).

Thanks!

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @Pitchoun1 

Kindly have a look at this video on how to setup Family Rules on Android device but before then, login to your My F-Secure portal, click on the affected Android device and release the license. Once done, try to uninstall SAFE again. That should work.

Alternatively, you have to go to the Android device administrator and deactivate the SAFE app first before you can be allowed to uninstall it, but I will suggest you go with the first option. This should help you uninstall SAFE easily on your android device.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info