Cannot remove Booster

Jack
Jack Posts: 69 Active Engager

paid for and downloaded Booster which caused my system to crash,  I tried to remove it but it didn't remove and I can't delete it from my system.  I am running windows ten and really screwed.  Please help me to find a way to remove the program.  The Fsecure removal tool is for the security system I understand and not for Booster.  Please help me, I need a removal tool for Fsecure.  I backed up the system to before Booster was installed but it's still there and I get an error message if I try to uninstall it from the system.  I uninstalled it days ago but it's still there.  I think I need a program from Fsecure to uninstall it.  Please, please help.  System is sluggish, I think from Booster.  I have a  64 bit system

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Jack,

Do you still see Booster in the Control Panel/All Programs even after you have tried the uninstallation? What is the error message seen when you try to uninstall Booster from the computer? Could you post the screenshot of the error message seen?

• Jack

Thank you for the reply but I finally got a chat session and received wonderful help to resolve the problem.  The remnants of the program have been removed.  Even after restoring the system to a date before the Booster program was installed, the booster program was still there, it is very resistant to uninstallation.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your update on the issue and glad to know the support helped to uninstall it completely.

A full computer scan using F-Secure should help to identify any malware in your computer. If you have not tried it before, please try to run a full computer scan using F-Secure Anti-virus.

• Jack

I ran a full scan and it found nothing

• Jack

I just had a windows 10 update that completely revised Windows 10 and replaced it, and I'm wondering if that got rid of the virus.  My ISP finds them when something on my computer tries to communicate through the modem.  They claim they can identify the specific malware from experience

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info