Can't reinstall F-secure safe

At first it couldn't update and was unable to connect to update server.

I uninstalled SAFE and now I can't install it.

I have downloaded the installation file from my safe and it starts to download but at 75% it says "waiting for another installation to finsih" it has been stuck like that for over 30 minutes without any results. I have nothing else being installed, I have tried rebooting my computer and tried installing it again but nothing helps?

I use win 10.

Comments

• Lazychewie
    Lazychewie Posts: 2 New Member

It started the installation this morning, had the computer on all night and just now it moved on to install the last % of the installation...

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

Use the F-Secure Uninstallation Tool to completely remove the damaged installation, reboot, then reinstall.  

Bear in mind, the uninstallation tool will remove all F-Secure products from the machine, so make sure you have any relevant licence keys available for reinstallation.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Just as additional meanings:

Notification ("waiting for another installation to finish") sounds as something like broken installation or pending autoupdates by some of software or something else;

If F-Secure Uninstallation Tool will be not useful... maybe you able try to contact direct F-Secure Support Channels (chat/phone): https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support (time to time - available on weekends with some of hours); They are certified to sort such things (most likely);

Thanks.

• Cale
    Cale Posts: 288 F-Secure Product Manager

Hi Simon,

Just a note that we have rewritten the uninstall tool and it now detects installed F-Secure apps (not all yet) and asks which one you want to uninstall.

-Cale

• JOnes
    JOnes Posts: 421 Rock Star

This "uninstallation tool/installation recovery tool" could  be a part of every product package(windows) and regular app in google and apple store and all the updates "automagically"

• Ukko

@Cale wrote:

Hi Simon,

Just a note that we have rewritten the uninstall tool and it now detects installed F-Secure apps (not all yet) and asks which one you want to uninstall.

-Cale

Hello,

Sorry for my ask!

Maybe it possible to update this topic:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/F-Secure-Uninstallation-Tool/td-p/31265

About fresh tool and 'information about'?

// and does it possible to switch (?!) Uninstallation Tool for Mac to HTTPS too (from ftp)?

Because there was such topic: https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/Verwijderen-f-secure-mac/m-p/95435

Thanks!

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

@Cale wrote:

Hi Simon,

-Cale

Noted, thanks.  

Maybe it would be an idea to post such updates on the forum, so that those helping out who are not F-Secure staff are kept in the picture?  :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Ukko,

I have updated the old post with the new Uninstallation tool KB articles. The KB articles has detailed instructions on how to use the UI tool and from where to get them.

• kioun
    kioun Posts: 3 New Member
    I have exactly the same problem with you. I have also done everything they write you to do without a positive result.
  • Ukko

@kioun wrote:
    I have exactly the same problem with you. I have also done everything they write you to do without a positive result.

Hello,

If all other suggestions did not work.

The ""waiting for another installation to finish""-notification most likely based on .msi-design.

Maybe you able to re-check that Windows with installed all recent updates. And other software do not try to perform autoupdating at background (maybe possible to see some related processes under Task Manager).

Or re-check with Google Search (as example) about your certain Windows (7, 8/8.1 or 10) concerned some troubleshoot steps about this "stuck"-words.

OR you able try to contact direct F-Secure Support Channel:

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support (chat/phone);

They able to provide certified help and investigate situation properly.

Thanks!

• kioun

Thank you! 

• Ukko

Good if you also will place result of this steps. :)

And if there is still stuck/trouble -> maybe can be another suggestions or more proper attention from official F-Secure Staff.

Thanks!

• kioun
    My problem was resolved with the help of the company's staff. Thousand thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info