Can't buy for iphone.

I tried 13 times to purchase for my son's iPhone but it kept giving me errors and telling me to contact iTunes.  I did, and they said I had to go through F-Secure - but no chat and no one answering phone.  So, I signed out, deleted the app, and tried again.  This time when signing in they said it could not be installed because there was no license and wanted me to move the one from my phone. 

I never had this problem installing and activating mine.  Why is this happening?  I had better not be billed for a product not received and certainly not 13 times.  Absolutely awful.

I did not sign up in this forum with the same ids used on the iphones.  I hope someone from F-Secure reads this but somehow it is doubtful. 

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm also only F-Secure user (their home solutions).

I think that F-Secure SAFE or F-Secure TOTAL is multi-platform solution; and F-Secure Internet Security or F-Secure Anti-Virus (potentially F-Secure Mobile Security included) is not available for iOS.

What is solution which you tried to buy? Maybe it is possible to do with another device (or browser) not as in-app purchase (for example?!) and then to use one of licences for iOS device (as part of subscription).

Also, looks like that Chat is available (on current minute):

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

maybe it is possible to try.

Thanks!

// later added:

maybe your experience is about such package/solution (not sure if there is difference with F-Secure SAFE):

• undecidedcrone
    undecidedcrone Posts: 4 Observer

F-Secure Safe is an online protector for Iphone. I have it on my phone.  iPhone can't use anti-virus apps.  I tried to get it for my son but it was a terrible mess.  Can't understand why his was so difficult and still not done.  Do not want to get charged for the thirteen times we tried to buy it.  Don't even want it anymore it was so ridiculous.

Tried multple ways to contact support but no go.  This is the only security company I've ever had so much trouble with.

• undecidedcrone

Sorry, I meant to thank you for your reply, Uldco, but forgot as am really upset by this. 

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

@undecidedcrone wrote:

F-Secure Safe is an online protector for Iphone. I have it on my phone.  iPhone can't use anti-virus apps.  I tried to get it for my son but it was a terrible mess.  Can't understand why his was so difficult and still not done.  Do not want to get charged for the thirteen times we tried to buy it.  Don't even want it anymore it was so ridiculous.

Tried multple ways to contact support but no go.  This is the only security company I've ever had so much trouble with.

I think that if your experience is about already active F-Secure SAFE subscription (for example, for three devices).

Not need to purchase/buy else one subscription if not all 'three licences' in use; but to activate/use licence for iPhone only.

Maybe it it still an option to try start chat (https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support) while chat with available status (on current minute). Yes, there is some 'strange' troubles with chat/support time to time - but it is not a rule.

In general, I feel next design of 'start use F-Secure SAFE':

-> to purchase/buy F-Secure SAFE subscription (should be possible to do by any device/any browser; it is not pinned to something like 'in-app' purchase probably).

For example, "F-Secure SAFE for three device".

-> then it is possible to use such subscription for three devices (licences).

For Windows, Mac, Android, iOS platforms (with limitations to certain OS build: https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-TOTAL/What-are-the-supported-platforms/ta-p/86316).

Three active installations and it is possible to re-use certain licence from unused device for fresh installation.

Maybe your experience is about trouble with activation licence? Or indeed with purchasing subscription? Sorry for my suggestions!

There is Knowledgebase articles page for "SAFE for iOS":

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/tkb-p/Protection%40tkb/label-name/safe%20for%20iphone%20and%20ipad

Maybe some of articles may be useful with your situation (until official response from F-Secure Staff; maybe with workday/workhours; Or if chat will be useful).

Thanks!

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi undecidedcrone,

Were you able to contact our support team via chat or phone? Did you try Ukko's suggestions to see if it helps with your issue?

If you have purchased SAFE and would like to install one of your licenses on the iPhone, you can check our KB articles here and here for further instructions.

• undecidedcrone

Yes, I tried phone support but never got a support person after over 30 minutes.  I believe the machine said high call volumes, I can't remember.  Everytime that I looked at chat it was unavailable.  Have not had time to try again but will check after posting this.  I will keep trying support.

What is most worrying is the 13 tries, stupid me.  I want to find out if F-Secure charged for that and why they locked out my sons login, saying the app could not be installed after these errors.

I am frustrated because the message that I got said the error was with iTunes and they say it is with F-Secure and the iTunes person didn't believe the message that I got.  Should have taken a snap.  Bet I will next time something errors.

Thank you, will keep trying support until they are available.  Much appreciation to you and Ukko (spelled his name wrong in one post, sorry).

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info