[ CRITICAL ] Anti-malware for Mac firewall not working with Ethernet connection

Highlighted
Aspirant

[ CRITICAL ] Anti-malware for Mac firewall not working with Ethernet connection

Hi,

I downloaded the Antivirus for Mac to give it a spin and found that the built-in firewall does actually nothing:

Screen Shot 2017-08-12 at 5.40.08 PM.pngFirewall

Once all the traffic has been supposedly blocked I still can access any website, ping any site from the terminal and well, check that the TCP and UDP traffic is happily flowing.

I also tried rebooting the system but the issue persists. Am I missing something?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: [ CRITICAL ] Anti-malware for Mac firewall not working with Ethernet connection

Hi i90rr,

As I checked with the RND team, this is a known issue with Sierra Operating System and they are aware of it. However, I have also brought your post to their attention.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Re: [ CRITICAL ] Anti-malware for Mac firewall not working with Ethernet connection

Hi i90rr,

Thank you for bringing this to our table. I am checking on this internally and will get back to you once I have any update.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Community Manager

Hi i90rr,

As I checked with the RND team, this is a known issue with Sierra Operating System and they are aware of it. However, I have also brought your post to their attention.