C drive containing Windows 8.1 scanned in less than 4 minutes ?

viktik
viktik Posts: 62 Active Engager

I did manual scan of C drive which has Windows 8.1 pro installed. F secure scanned 34254 files in less than 4 mintues.

Is it some kind of bug or some new technology has been implemented by F secure IS 2014.

Scanning Report

06 November 2013 05:11:49 - 05:15:03

Computer name: VIKTIK
Scanning type: Scan target
Target: C:\

Result

No malware found

Statistics

Scanned:

• Files: 34254
  • Not scanned: 2

Result:

• Viruses: 0
  • Spyware: 0
  • Suspicious items: 0
  • Riskware: 0

Actions:

• Disinfected: 0
  • Renamed: 0
  • Deleted: 0
  • Quarantined: 0
  • Failed: 0

Boot Sectors:

• Scanned: 0
  • Infected: 0
  • Suspicious items: 0
  • Disinfected: 0

Files not scanned:

Options

Definitions version:

• Viruses: 2013-11-05_08
  • Spyware: 2013-11-05_08

Scanning Engines:

• F-Secure Aquarius: 11.00.01, 2013-11-05
  • F-Secure Hydra: 5.10.8794, 2013-11-05
  • F-Secure Online: 13.30.103, 0-00-00
  • F-Secure Gemini: 3.02.208, 2013-10-30

Scanning options:

• Scan defined files: ANI ASP AX BAT BIN BOO CHM CMD COM CPL DLL DOC DOT DRV EML EXE HLP HTA HTM HTML HTT INF INI JOB JS JSE LNK LSP MDB MHT MPP MPT MSG MSO OCX PDF PHP PIF POT PPT RTF SCR SHS SWF SYS TD0 TMP VBE VBS VXD WBK WMA WMV WMF WSC WSF WSH WRI XLS XLT XML CLASS ZIP JAR ARJ LZH TAR TGZ GZ CAB RAR BZ2 HQX
  • Scan inside archives

Actions:

• Viruses: Ask after scan
  • Spyware: Ask after scan

Error information

"Cannot open file" error occurred:

The "Cannot open file" error message means that the scanner was unable to open a file and that this file was not scanned. You can normally ignore this error message as there are many reasons for this message that do not imply a security threat, including:

• The file was a system file. System files are protected by the operation system by design. You can ignore this message in this case.
  • You do not have permission to read the file. To scan the file, log in with a user account with sufficient permissions (for example the computer's administrator account) and rescan.
  • The file was in use by an application when the scan was performed. To scan this file, close all applications and rescan.

Comments

• Siltanen
    Siltanen Posts: 61 Former F-Secure Employee

This sounds pretty much normal behavior. I suppose you have the Windows 8.1 installed onto a SSD drive?

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    Impressive! It used to take more than four hours!
  • Blackcat
    Blackcat Posts: 503 Influencer

Yes Simon that is another reason that you must think of upgrading your machine soon; Smiley Tongue

Capture.GIF

• Simon
    But will my F-Secure 2005 work on Windows Ate? Smiley Sad
  • NikK
    NikK Posts: 903 Forum Champion

@Blackcat wrote:

Yes Simon that is another reason that you must think of upgrading your machine soon; Smiley Tongue

Ah, the 48K with rubber keys, that brings up great memories Smiley Very Happy  I especially remember the odd game Highway Encounter where you + your extra lives played simultaneously, they just followed you if nothing wasn't in the way, so you could end up loosing all at the same time. Haven't seen that in any other game I think. Nostalgia at its best!

• Blackcat
    Blackcat Posts: 503 Influencer

We are giving away our ages here NikK Smiley Wink

• Simon
    The first computer game I played was Lemmings, on what I think was an Amiga machine. I guess that must have been early 90s? I didn't get my own computer until 1999, and that was a second hand one from a friend.
This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info