Bypassing Time Limits by closing and reopening apps (Android)

STGR
STGR Posts: 4 New Member

My son owns a Xiaomi Redmi 5 phone (Android 7.1) with installed up-to-date SAFE Internet Security & Mobile Antivirus app.

Yesterday following a conversation we had he showed me that he is able to bypass the time limits by closing and reopening an app several times.

How he is doing it: Starts the app, he gets a warning that time expired (either time limit reached, or bed time) he presses the recent apps button and closes the app and then he reopens the app. If he will receive again a warning he will close the app again by follow the same cycle. After 3-4 attempts the app will start normally!!!!

Comments

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion

Hello @STGR 

Please make sure that settings in Family rule's are correct.

1.  App Control and Time Limits are turned on on your My F-secure
    2. Time limits bedtime and usage duration are correct on your My F-secure
    3.  Ensure that selected a child profile on your phone.

All the above settings are already done, but the issue still remain, would it be possible for you to uninstall and re-install the F-secure safe app?,  this is to make sure that the problem is not related to faulty F-secure components running or older version of the Safe app.

• STGR

The settings are correct because as I said, my son receives messages by f-secure that he reached time limits or that is bed time. But closing and reopening the blocked app a couple of times he manages to get through!!!

I will re-install the app and get back to you.

• STGR

I reinstalled f secure, made sure that the app rights are correct and made sure that is not restricted be the battery optimisation. Also I have disabled the miui optimisation option from the developers menu.

To my disappointment be its still able to bypass time limits the same way! 

• STGR

I reinstalled f secure, made sure that the app rights are correct and made sure that is not restricted be the battery optimisation. Also I have disabled the miui optimisation option from the developers menu.

To my disappointment he is still able to bypass time limits the same way! 

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion

Hello @STGR 

We thank you for your patience and cooperation in helping us ensure the family rules settings are correct and working. Since you have performed the re-installation steps but the issue still reproduce.  Please contact our F-secure support team for futher assistance.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info