cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browsing Protection messes up Firefox toolbars

Re: Browsing Protection messes up Firefox toolbars

Updated the plugin and then moved some other plugins to the Browsing Protection toolbar. The result is still as bad as it was before:

1) The F-Secure icons are all big, despite the setting I made (all other icons obey the "small icons" setting).

2) Although the F-Secure icons appear without text, all other icons show with icon and text when placed on the Browsing Protection Toolbar, despite the setting that should concern all toolbars.

Oh, I see now one difference to what I had before the update:

When I create a toolbar of my own, and move the icons to that toolbar (to get rid of the texts associated with the icons), I get almost the same result as beofre; the only difference is that now the F-Secure icon stays big even on the new toolbar. Before the update, it obeyed the setting on a toolbar that I created, and appaered in big size big only when it was placed on F-Secure's Browsing Protection Toolbar.

So, no improvement - the situationj has only gone worse.

Superuser

I have no icons at all that show different size on that checkmark.

I'd like to see a screenshot.

If you do not need the icons just hide the toolbar, that is what I did.

Matthias
----------
perComp is a Platinum Partner of F-Secure since 1994. Any advice or help given by me in this forum is voluntarily and to my best knowledge based on working with the products since 1997. Direct contact for customers please check our homepage http://www.percomp.de

I was in a bit of a hurry yesterday when I did the checks, and forgot to check for my main complaint. I am very sorry for that. Today, I checked things more thoroughly, and the result is this:

First, a minor issue: when I said that F-Secure icons appear without text, I was sloppy. The one icon that was without text is the one icon that always appears without text. It simply doesn't have text associated with it. Other than that one icon, when placed on the Browsing Protection Toolbar all icons, including F-secure icons, show up with both icon and text regardless the setting I choose. Oh, and the thing about big icons: I probably remembered it wrong about what I had previously. The F-Secure plugin's icons only have one size. They don't go small at all. I believe this was true already before the update.

Finally, the main point: after the update, F-Secure does not delete my new toolbar anymore. That is the most important detail to me, and it suffices for now. I still hope the icons would have a small size as well, but that is minor. Deleting the toolbar I created was a major issue, and now that is resolved.

Thanks to F-Secure for the quick fix.

For full closure, I tried to attach pictures too, but got an error message that says my posting is too long. I'll try by posting a separate message or two.

No, I cannot post the pic, apparently it's too big. I made it as small as I could by cutting only the portion that I need, but still. I suppose the probblem is that I need both the settings pop-up and a corner of the Firefox window in the same pic.

Superuser

Hi,

I allways use irfanview to reduce size, colordepth or switch to b/w.

Anyway, it seems your main problems are solved, and I think that the team will add your request for small icons to one of the next BP updates (which hopefull come BEFORE FF6.0.

Thanks for you contribution and support to F-Secure.

BR

Matthias
----------
perComp is a Platinum Partner of F-Secure since 1994. Any advice or help given by me in this forum is voluntarily and to my best knowledge based on working with the products since 1997. Direct contact for customers please check our homepage http://www.percomp.de

I wanted to show the pics to show you how distrubing it is to have the text with the icons. The text is a bigger problem than the icns size, because the one icon I want to see is the smallest anyway.

However, even with Irfanview, I still didn't manage to get a pic attached.