Browsing Protection for F-Secure could not be verified for use in Foxfire

Options

Dear Frontier Secure Staff:

I just received an alert from the Add-on Manager of my browser Firefox that your
add-on for Browsing Protection could not be installed.  I would like to have it available to me and wondered if your staff would check on doing that for me. Here is the information from Foxfire to do that.

Thank you
Allyson Christofferson

What can I do if Firefox disables an installed add-on?

If an unsigned add-on is disabled, you won't be able to use it and the Add-ons manager will show a message that the add-on could not be verified for use in Foxfire and has been disabled. You can remove the ad-on from Firefox and then reinstall a signed version from the Mozilla Add-on site if a signed version is not available, contact the add-on developer or vendor to see if they can offer an updated and signed version of that add-on. You can also ask them to get their add-on signed.

Where would I encounter unsigned add-ons?

Add-ons installed through the offical addon.Mozilla.com go through security checks before they are published. These add-ons are verified and signed. When you install an add-on through another website, Firefox checks to make sure that the add-on is digitally signed.

DEVELOPERS: To learn more about the add-on signing guidelines, see Signing and distributing your Sign-On and Review Policies at Mozilla Developer Network.

While Firefox currently has a block system, it is becoming difficult to track and block the growing number of malicious, or unverified add-ons. The add-on signing process requires developers to follow Developers Guidelines.  Add-on signing in Firefox helps protect against browser hijackers and other malware by making it harder for them to be installed.

Firefox prevents you from installing unsigned add-ons and disables any unsigned add-ons that are already installed.

What can I do if Firefox disables an installed add-on?

If an unsigned add-on is disabled, you won't be able to use it and the Add-ons manager will show a message that the add-on could not be verified in Foxfire and has been disabled. You can remove the add-on from Firefox and then reinstall a signed version from the Mozilla add-on site if one is available.

If a signed version is not available, contact the add-on developer or vendor to see if they can offer an updated and signed version of that add-on. You can also ask them to get their app signed on.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info