Browsing Protection disabled after update to FireFox 43

After updating my Firefox 43.0.1 the F-Secure Browsing Protection (2.148.3561) is disabled as is cannot be verified as compatible. Is there yet a fix for this?

Regards, Sebastiaan

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi sebastiaanveld,

Have you tried to re-enable the Browsing protection again in Firefox? Does it work?

• sveld
    sveld Posts: 3 New Member

Hi Laksh,

There is no 'Enable' button on the extension available.

Regards, Sebastiaan

• etomcat
    etomcat Posts: 147 Superuser

Hello,

If there is a problem with digital signature that check can be turned off in FF43. However, from FF44 on, only browser extensions and add-ons signed by the Mozilla Foundation will be available in normal Firefox. The "long term support" branch of FF browser will keep the opt-out possibility for a further 2 years or so.

Best Regards: Tamas Feher.

• sveld

Hi Tamas ,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying FF44 en higher will no longer be supported?

So my choises are either

-Disable the signature check in FF43, but after the update to FF44 the plugin wil again not work

-Use to the FF LTS version and the plugin will work for another two year, but after that teh plugin will not be supported.

Or will there be a signed version of the plugin available soon?

Thanks for your help.

Regards, Sebastiaan

• etomcat
    etomcat Posts: 147 Superuser

Hello,

I think it's possible that F-Secure will soon have its Firefox add-ons and extensions digitally signed by the Mozilla Foundation, which developes and published the Firefox web browser. That would solve your FF44 issues.

I know of another european AV company which was reluctant to have its Firefox support modules counter-signed for a long time (or Mozilla was reluctant to underwrite them, who knows?) Eventually they managed to get it and their next software version, the 2016 MR1 will include the digitally signed Firefox-related binaries next week.

Best Regards: Tamas Feher, Hungary.

• sveld

Ack, thx!

• MargosDezerian
    MargosDezerian Posts: 113 Enthusiast

If you use 64 bit version like me forget it,it is not supported.I asked in the german section(RIP btw)and came to that conclusion with chance in an other thread.

Not cool imo but i tested web protection with amtso.org site and it was working but search engine link classification is not working anymore.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info