cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser extension

Scholar

Browser extension

Apparently mine is off but as a novice  of only average intelligence I am unable to make any progress from the point it tells me to open my browser. I don't know what a browser is so how do I open it? 

4 REPLIES
Superuser

Re: Browser extension

A browser is what you use to view websites.  It could be Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, or Microsoft Edge, but others are also available.  If you can let us know which one you're using, then we may be able to help you further.

Scholar

It is Google Chrome,thanks

Superuser

So, looking at previous responses to this, it seems one suggestion was to reinstall the browsing protection component from the Chrome Webstore:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/browsing-protection-by-f/jmjjnhpacphpjmnnlnccpfmhkcloaade

Superuser

Hello,

Some else additions are:

Online documentation about (for Windows) or F-Secure Knowledgebase article:

where possible to find "Activatation"-steps for installed addon under Google Chrome (after installation state of addon/extension is 'disabled' and need to manually allow/enable it).

Also, good to doublecheck that your Google Chrome is chosen as default browser. Otherwise, required to enable extension under default browser (if your experience is "warning" under F-Secure SAFE Main UI).

Thanks!