Banking Protection

I keep encountering this issue:

When I try to purchase online I will often be asked to use the verified by visa application as a means of fraud prevention. For some reason the banking protection when active does not allow me to use this site and so I am unable, without switching it off, to complete the purchase.

Is there a way of telling the system that verified by visa is OK to use?

I use Firtefox a smy browser if that makes any difference and my F secure is up to date.

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    Is it just one specific website you're having trouble with? Assuming you're certain it's safe, have you clicked Allow on the Banking Protection screen, when it asks?
  • Can't recall seeing the allow, but will re visit and see what I can discover. Thanks
  • Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

I guess it's possible that the website you're trying to access has already been blocked, for some reason.  If you want to check which sites have been blocked, as I think this applies to Banking Protection as well, open Launch Pad, then go to Online Safety > Settings > Browsing Protection, then click the link at the bottom which says View web site exceptions.  You should then see a screen like the one below, and to see which sites have been blocked, click the Denied tab.  If the site you're having trouble with is in the Denied list, and you think it shouldn't be, you can remove it - but I have to stress, you do this at your own risk.

Untitled-1.png

If you are not certain that the site is safe, you can Submit it for analysis and wait for F-Secure to get back to you.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info