Aquarius ultralight background updater, thing

StB
StB Posts: 1 New Member
I tweeted about this, and was directed here. Respect to your twitter staff. I think someone on the dev team could take a moment to educate this ultralight marvel of modern background updating on how to behave nicely upon system start-up. I'm aware how important it is to have up-to date detection upon start-up, but ple-ease, maybe it could be made a little less aggressive, or smarter in detecting system loads? With all the bull**bleep** windows updating and loading and checking upon start-up, the fact that aquarius then runs in and steals the show (and HD usage), is really frustrating when in a hurry. What ever program I open while Aquarius is still busy being it's stealthy ultralight self, is almost guaranteed to crash on my laptop when I open it after a full shutdown - and a day or more has passed. Does not make for a pleasant user experience to have to then fight all the dialogues for shutting down the program, and to get it restarted again. Thank you. Would it be possible to give administrators the option to set a delay on aquarius activating upon startup? That alone would make a world of difference.

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

I think that your feedback is pretty valid and there possible to ask some improvements - but my own feelings are that "Updating" with some internal tweaks and performance tricks already; but maybe with not enough view. Because, for example,

checking upon start-up, the fact that aquarius then runs in and steals the show (and HD usage), is really frustrating when in a hurry

valid for me too.

I do use some of next tricks things (when I need to use system from first and do suspect that there may be delays based on updating):

-> launch system with disabled network (at first) and then if I need to use system with online state:

-> turn on "Gaming mode" (rightclick for F-Secure tray picture when UI process is loaded and choose under menu related string).

-> do not use 'manual' buttons for "Check updates" (because it will trigger 'autoupdating' much more speedy and with potentially large count of updates).

Just like an addition - there was discussion under 'Business board' about F-Secure business solutions (but some parts are valid for home solutions too):

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Protection/CP-overload-computers-with-their/td-p/109834

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info