cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any progress for BP compatibility with Firefox 10?

Supporter

Re: Any progress for BP compatibility with Firefox 10?

any chance you could include time stamp on those Support news pages?

As a matter of fact I did not see too many web pages published by F-Secure providing time and date of the posted information, this applies also to the program releases. The only exceptions seem to be Hot Fixes.

Steffen wrote: we are aware of the issue and did release this article about the topic FF10 support.
Executive Member

Not only this. 

Chrome support is still need too!

---------
3 Licence of F-Secure Internet Security User
www.secure-forum.de - Informations about Security for Computer, Tablets and Smartphones
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback about the missing time stamp on the actual support news articles. I have added the dates on the articles published this year, and from now on, we will add it to all future support news articles.

Scholar

Yes Of course we need BP compatibility with Firefox 10 as well as with Google Chrome Smiley Tongue

God never made his work for man to mend
Supporter

Big thank you, I appreciate such prompt response.

@jumija wrote:

Thanks for the feedback about the missing time stamp on the actual support news articles. I have added the dates on the articles published this year, and from now on, we will add it to all future support news articles.

Scholar

RE: 1-497582581

I am retired and over the years got used  to working for companies that cared little-if at all- about their customers.  I have just added F_SECURE to that very very long list.  Won't be using you lot again once my sub expires-AV Comparison might like to get some of this feed back too.  Bye bye.

F-Secure Product Expert

Hi all,

We have now released a channel update where Firefox 10 support is added for our F-Secure Internet Security 2012.

In case the Add-on is currently disabled in Firefox, you might need to enable it from Firefox's Add-on menu.

Best Regards,
Jouni

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
KP
Scholar

@Jouni wrote:

Hi all,

We have now released a channel update where Firefox 10 support is added for our F-Secure Internet Security 2012.

In case the Add-on is currently disabled in Firefox, you might need to enable it from Firefox's Add-on menu.

Ok. My product claims to be up to date but no BP updated for Firefox 10. Even after several manually forced update attempts that product claims to be successfull. Checked also through FF add-on settings, with the same result.

So now what?

Needless to say, but at the moment I'm not very happy customer.

Supporter

Few weeks ago I started an experiment with 2 workstations sharing sync-ed Firefox profile.

Both with identical version of fully patched Win7 64bit, currently both run Firefox 10.0.2 & F-Secure Client Security 9.10

First started to load Browsing protection as soon as the Firefox was upgraded to ver 10 when the BP fix was released

Second has Browsing Protection still disabled as incompatible with FF 10.x.

I have not tried to reinstall F-Secure Client Security 9.1 or upgrade to 9.2 or 9.31 yet.

F-Secure shows on both machines identical information regarding Installed downloads

KP
Scholar

@KP wrote:

@Jouni wrote:

Hi all,

Ok. My product claims to be up to date but no BP updated for Firefox 10. Even after several manually forced update attempts that product claims to be successfull. Checked also through FF add-on settings, with the same result.

So now what?

Needless to say, but at the moment I'm not very happy customer.

The BP plugin seems to be now running with FF10. Must have been some delay on how it propagated through update servers. After the wait I admit being now a bit impatient. Thanks for finally getting it done.

Still, I really would like to hear if there is any hope that in the future FF support will work with less delay? At the moment situation is really not that good.