Anti-Theft Questions?

I created a topic for all my Anti-Theft app questions ;D

Comments

• A6Tech
    A6Tech Posts: 5

Is there a possibility to have more than one trusted number?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi A6Tech,

No, you can setup only 1 Trusted Number.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• A6Tech

Will that be possible in future updates, if not, why not?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi A6!

Sorry for the delay in response.  As far as I am aware, this is not being planned for future updates.  However, feel free to submit the suggestion at the Idea Exchange board, and it will be forwarded to a Product Manager to consider the idea for possible inclusion in a future product version.

Did you have any other questions about the F-Secure Anti-Theft app?

// Chrissy

F-Secure Community Manager

• A6Tech
    Is it really that easy to close anti theft on android, I got my nexus 4 today, set up f secure anti theft, and by going to recent apps I can easily close it making it useless, it doesn't react to command messages anymore.
  • irl-tony
    irl-tony Posts: 5

Folks,

I've purchased 'F-Secure Mobile Security' ... it appears to contain the Anti-Theft feature ...

- I cannot seem to use the anti-theft feature ... perhaps I'm doing something incorrectly ...

- For example; I use my friends mobile phone to send a text message to my 'lost' mobile phone number.

- My message is: #locate#<my security code>
    - My 'lost' phone receives the text message ... that's it ... my friends phone does not receive an automated reply ...

- It might be worth noting that the text message which the 'lost' phone receives exposes my security code.

What am I doing wrong?

T

* The 'lost phone': Nokia N8

* Friends phone: Nokia 701

• A6Tech

It could be more things, like not setting up Anti Theft at all, or not setting up a trusted number, or the same problem I have, which is closing anti-theft without a password from recent apps, making it useless...

• irl-tony

A6Tech,

I'm fairly confident that I have anti-theft setup ... trusted number noted ....... and the App is running.
    I do note that it can be closed without a password/pin which does not seem like a good security feature (but in fairness; probably everyone should use a PIN to access/unlock the entire phone ... consequently a password for the App would be a 2nd request for PIN which would be unnecessary? ....... but I see your position.)

Regards,

T

• irl-tony

My settings are:

- Security Level: High

- Remote Commands: On

- Trusted Number: +353..................

Looks good to me ...

T

• irl-tony

@Jake,

Thanking you for your assistance/solution ... the problem was simply syntax related.

Correct: #locate#your-code

I was learning from: http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/anti-theft ... which misled me a little.

Regards,

T

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info