Android Lollipop

My Google Nexus 7 tablet has just been updated with Android Lollipop 5.0 build number LRX21P. Since then I have been having the following problems with F-Secure and it would appear that it is incompatable with Android Lollipop 5.0:

On start up the anti-virus check runs as previous, but it shows 0 files scanned, then carries on for a very long time. When it does stop I get the message on F-Secure home page "Some services are disabled". Going to the AV page I find the message AV is disabled.

Similarly if I manually stop the scan, at the next start up of my tablet the AV doesn't restart and again I get the message on F-Secure home page "Some services are disabled". Going to the AV page I find the message AV is disabled.

The AV page shows the last definition date as 13 Nov 2014, but my manual update of same correctly shows 16 Nov 2014.

When I enable AV again it starts, but again shows 0 files scanned.

When I try and check anything else I am getting the error message "F-Secure has stopped".

Please help me to sort this out as I have just renewed F-Secure licence with you for another 12 months.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Can you confirm which version of Mobile Security you are running?

• Mouse
    Mouse Posts: 5

Mobile Security Version 8.3.13732 F-Secure

IAB version v1.0-45-g950463f

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Please proceed to install the latest version of Mobile Security.

First copy the subscription key of your current installation(in the "About" menu).

Then uninstall the version 8.3, and go to the Google play store to get the latest version (9.2).

Use the subscription key when prompt during the installation.

• Mouse

I have made a note of the license number, when going to settings. I am unable to install as it is greyed out. I cleared the cache Ok, but uninstall is still greyed out so cannot.

I have now entered my secure code on the Anti-Theft page and disabled it, but still no go.

• Mouse

Now successfully uninstalled after finding Uninstall button on About page. New version downloaded and working OK.

Thank you very much for your help.

• Mouse

All sortedand working OK thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info