Already using current FIS product; can I download Beta ?

Highlighted

Already using current FIS product; can I download Beta ?

Hi again :)

I've currently a 2 years subscription to F-Secure Internet Security 2014.

I've seen that there is a new beta version available on the F-Secure Website for Internet Security.

Can I download it and install it ? What will happen to my current subscription ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Former F-Secure Employee

Re: Already using current FIS product; can I download Beta ?

Hey

You can always apply for the beta. However its a diffent subsciption key. If your current subsciption is active. Then the time is going to tick down even if you use the beta version.

Br

Emil

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Superuser

Yes, you can certainly apply for beta testing:

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_global/internet-security-technology-preview

You will get a 6 month licence for the beta product, which can be used on up to 3 machines, and if you remain active through the beta testing, they usually renew the license.

With regards your current 2 year licence, that will still continue to run up to it current expiry date.  It won't get put 'on hold' because you're using a beta product, but it can be switched to another machine, or it will simply recommence if you decide to go back to the retail product at any time, so keep a note of your subscription key, unless you're using SAFE, in which case you can just reinstall it via the SAFE portal. 

Former F-Secure Employee

Hey

You can always apply for the beta. However its a diffent subsciption key. If your current subsciption is active. Then the time is going to tick down even if you use the beta version.

Br

Emil

View solution in original post