Advanced network protection question

I have radio station I like to listen to. The -Do not allow applications to download harmful files- blocks the port for that station. When I disable the -Do not allow applications to download hamful files- winamp plays the radio.

Does anyone knows solution for this problem?

I tried to disable the firewall its the same problem with or without firewall. I'm 100% sure that the -Do not allow applications to download hamful files- option blocks the station. It is IS2013 on my computer, earlier with IS2012 there was no problem with this stream.

Link is http://87.229.103.51:7050/live

Comments

• macstorm
    macstorm Posts: 43 Explorer

By now, it seems the the only solution is to disable temporarily the ANP feature. Sadly, no exceptions can be made with it enabled (since disabling the firewall makes no difference as you pointed out).

• Congi
    Congi Posts: 6

Thanks  for your help. I hope that in updates fsecure will include option to make exceptions in ANP.

• macstorm
    macstorm Posts: 43 Explorer

You're welcome. I haven't come across your issue before, it's good to know it in case anyone encounters the same problem.

And yes, hopefully FS includes that feature in next updates Smiley Wink

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Congi,

With regards to your problem, I would suggest you to open a Support Ticket:
    http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact

Once you have open a SRID kindly update me so that I can help to solve your issue.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jagadesan

• JimGuy
    JimGuy Posts: 1

With ANP enabled, CNBC.com videos won't play. ANP disabled, the CNBC videos play just fine. You can check it for yourself. Did someone open a ticket for the ANP problems?

Thanks,

Jim

• Congi

Its the same issue. If you have patience, please open a ticket. I'm tired of resolving firewall and ANP problems.

Regards,

Chongi

• [Deleted User]

Hi All,

With regards to your problem, is there an SRID given to you by the agent? If yes kindly provide us your SRID so that I can help you to speed up the process. SRID is normally stated in the subject of the email.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jagadesan

• Congi

Hello,

I don't have SRID. Is it sales agent who gives the SRID? I don't understand the meaning of the agent in this context.

The conflict I discovered is an OEM installation.

Chongi

• [Deleted User]

Hi Congi,

With regards to your question, SRID is the service request id that will be given to you by technical support engineers after you have opened a case with us. The SRID is stated in the email subject when you receive an email from F-Secure technical support engineers.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jagadesan

• Congi

Finally opened a case with technical support . I will Inform all of you about progress.

Best Regards for everyone,

Chongi

• FrankM
    FrankM Posts: 3

Hi Congi,

This was exactly a year ago and I have not seen any progress report yet... Did anything happen with your case? I just stumbled across a network issue that seems to be due to ANP so I am wondering if we can solve this quickly...

Kind regards,
    Frank

• JohannesL
    JohannesL Posts: 38 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi, FrankM!

Make sure you have the latest version of F-secure installed on you computer.

If you still experience issue with this network ANP please make an support request: 

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact/request

so that an agent can help you and see if they have an solution for this previous issue.

Thanks!

• Congi

Sorry for late answer. 

The official respond was:

Thank you for contacting F-Secure.

With regards to your enquiry, the fix is attached in this email. Kindly download the fix and run it in your computer. 

Please feel free to contact us again should you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Best regards,  

Jack

I have uploaded the fix file to my google account. You can download it from this link http://goo.gl/BPSC0n

• FrankM

@Congi : Thanks for your reply. I downloaded the patch for you never know when, because:

@JohannesL : I filed a support request, only to get the answer that I have a provider-specific (XS4ALL, NL) version and that they do the support. Which off course is rubbish in the sense that they know nothing of the product ("Advanced Network Protection? What is that and can't you configure that?"), and this introduces only an extra level of ambiguity in the chain. However I'll follow through that path and see what it gets us.

Regards,

Frank

• JoniW
    JoniW Posts: 9 Explorer

Hi FrankM,

Can you tell your case id ? I can check this with support and get back to you.

Best regards,

Joni

• FrankM

Hi JoniW,

The id of the case I opened was 00158951. When that got "turned down" I contacted XS4ALL, who obviously had to escalate this. I sent some files they requested but haven't heard since. I think they opened a case as well (I gave them the original case id), but don't know for sure.

Thanks for your help in any case.

Kind regards,

Frank

• Jan1
    Jan1 Posts: 5

Jim, this seams to be the fix on my end, I disable ANP and the videos play just find.. wonder why. Glad to find this post.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info