100% disk useage

Since this weeks Windows update F-Secure Safe is causing virtually permanent 100% disk useage. My PC becomes unresponsive to any input for severalminutes at a time. I have uninstalled and confirmed problem goes then reinstalled and problem returns. Currently uninstalled as I can get by without F-Secure but not without an operating system.

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Davemor wrote:

Since this weeks Windows update F-Secure Safe is causing virtually permanent 100% disk useage. My PC becomes unresponsive to any input for severalminutes at a time. I have uninstalled and confirmed problem goes then reinstalled and problem returns. Currently uninstalled as I can get by without F-Secure but not without an operating system.

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm also only F-Secure user (their home solutions);

Does it indeed was 'stable' drive-usage some hours with such count?! And does there was some 'visible' steps for such (or started from load system?!).

If you will be with such experience else one time -> useful or helpful to do things like:

--> to create fsdiag by F-Secure support tool;

--> and then to contact direct F-Secure Support Channels (chat/phone) and ask them about ability 'for transfer fsdiag and investigate':

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

As my own unofficial suggestions: usually 'high' disk usage can be about installing F-Secure database updates (as example, for Aquarius-engine) or with scanning (scheduled scan or even real-time scan); And if system with overload (or 'not enough system resources') can be troubleview.

But you noted "Windows update"-relations... so I'm not sure what if there is something like compatibility trouble.

Thanks!

• Näsäviisas
    Näsäviisas Posts: 784 Superuser
    @Davemor

Have you looked at Windows event logs?
    If there is some reasons for this problem.
    I have not seen this kind of situation in Windows,
    but for many years ago, when I was operating with
    Unix-servers, I had to follow up the disk usage.
    If the disk usage began to grow up suddenly,
    usually the reason was prosess. Or too many log-files.
    In your case: is it possible, that disk space is used.
    In Windows is so called cleaning-function.
    Or you can clean out of computer, for example needless files, programs and logs.
    But you had to know, what to do.

Näsäviisas
  • Davemor
    Davemor Posts: 2 New Member

So to update:- the problem returned!. I found that despite having uninstalled F Secure I had 15 entries in task manager for the F Secure management agent! Tried to stop them but just kept on restarting afer a short time. Had to delete each one and as soon as the last had closed I deleted the F Secure folder from Programmes - that seems to have done the trick.

• Näsäviisas
    Näsäviisas Posts: 784 Superuser

@Davemor

This case seems to be difficult.
    But it is not first time after Windows update,
    that problems appear..

As Ukko wrote earlier, take contact to support. It is hard to say without seeing computer. I think so, that support is able to take remote contact, too.

I'm sure that some solution will happen.
    Näsäviisas

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

@Davemor wrote:

So to update:- the problem returned!. I found that despite having uninstalled F Secure I had 15 entries in task manager for the F Secure management agent! Tried to stop them but just kept on restarting afer a short time. Had to delete each one and as soon as the last had closed I deleted the F Secure folder from Programmes - that seems to have done the trick.

Such view sounds strange!

So... maybe under your system installed some other security software (or something else) and uninstallation comes with broken state (or during work -> with 'broken' view too)?

Anyway -> possible to re-check (additionally to contact Support) next meanings:

-- Uninstall F-Secure SAFE by common system design (if installed);

-- Restart system;

-- To use F-Secure Uninstallation Tool:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Common-topics/How-do-I-uninstall-F-Secure/ta-p/77915

-- Trigger clean installation for F-Secure SAFE;

And re-check about result.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info