how to use Secure key

Scholar

how to use Secure key

I do not know how tu use  the FSecure key. It is loaded.

Thankyou Simone

3 REPLIES 3
Superuser

Re: how to use Secure key

Hello,

Maybe good to know some points:

-> what is your platform?

Windows, Mac, iOS, Android?

-> what is your main trouble with "use"? How to autofill-feature, launch (add credentials) or something else?

F-Secure Knowledgebase with KEY-category:

Possible to read some articles. Or even to read only "How to"-tagged articles:

Some of them with answers about "how to use F-Secure KEY".

Thanks!

Scholar

Re: how to use Secure key - HOW TO START USING IT...

Hi

Cant find a tutorial/instructions: how to start using key. (other than downloading instr.).

For example - If i need to change password in one of my comps for one of my web-page portals. How does system work/sync?

Highlighted
Superuser

Re: how to use Secure key - HOW TO START USING IT...

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

Cant find a tutorial/instructions: how to start using key. (other than downloading instr.).

Usually, F-Secure KEY interface can be with links to a tutorial or embedded tutorial/instructions (at least, Android platform). Should be possible to locate it by opening F-Secure KEY user interface "Menu" with its submenus. Or if (?)-symbol is visible on the screen.

Mostly, F-Secure Knowledgebase is about all available information:

in addition, Online Documentation/Help:

For example - If i need to change password in one of my comps for one of my web-page portals. How does system work/sync?

I think that flow is next:

-> your F-Secure KEY entry (one of added passwords) is changed under first computer. And your experience is about F-Secure KEY Premium (where sync-feature is enabled).

-> when second computer (with active and 'connected' F-Secure KEY installation) is launched - sync process is triggered.

Only one addition - sync process (and system work) is only about your devices. Sync between your devices and your F-Secure KEY database.

F-Secure does not know anything about your third-party account and it is not possible to 'change' anything under your third-party account via F-Secure KEY. With next meanings: for example, your web-page portal is "YourWebPagePortal" (where possible to login and change your passwords). You start to use F-Secure KEY and added entry with information about this portal as encrypted notes (name, password, URL, sidenotes). Stored password under F-Secure KEY is only your information. If you decided to change password for web-page portal and it is done via "YourWebPagePortal" - need to manually update entry under F-Secure KEY.

It is also works for another view: if you decided to change stored password under F-Secure KEY -> need to change your password via "YourWebPagePortal" too (and it is important - because only such step will change your password for service in fact).

Sorry if my words is about wrong concern. Good if you will back with reply if anything is unclear.

Sorry for worst English!

Thanks!